BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Pelphrey (and another "what if")

4 posters

Go down

John Pelphrey (and another "what if") Empty John Pelphrey (and another "what if")

Post  sohsdragon Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:13 pm

Yes, it's a "what if" thing, so take it for what it is, but it made me say "Hmmmmmmmmmm."

Conspiracy Theory: Pelphrey to UK
by
Section137

Published on January 22nd, 2010

Now I know if everyone just read the title of this post they would probably think 10 different things. The scenario I am envisioning concerns Rod Strickland. Strickland has been mentioned as a possible candidate for the DePaul University job. Calipari is already working on the "Pitino Effect", and it has nothing to do with Porcini's.
Pitino had a wonderful litter of Assistant Coaches while he was at UK and most of them have become solid head coaches at the D1 level. We might be changing assistants over the next couple of years as fast as we are going to be changing point guards. This is where John Pelphrey comes in. The Paintsville native has been struggling at Arkansas with players being suspended and in turn making the wins hard to come by. In all honesty, if there isn't a complete turnaround really soon I say that the Big Red Head will be out of a job. Coach Cal needs to jump on that situation quickly. John's parents still live in Paintsville and I think Pelphrey would be a great and welcomed addition to the coaching staff. With Cal saying that he will stay 8-10 years, you never know what could develop over time. John was a part of the back to back championships by Florida and it would be a real asset to have some on the bench with that kind of experience.
sohsdragon
sohsdragon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky

Back to top Go down

John Pelphrey (and another "what if") Empty Re: John Pelphrey (and another "what if")

Post  cryptkeeper Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:31 pm

don't see John as an assistant coach anymore. Be nice to see him back at UK, but I think there are too many other schools he would go to to be the Head Coach of. Maybe some day he or Travis will be the head coach at UK.
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

John Pelphrey (and another "what if") Empty Re: John Pelphrey (and another "what if")

Post  bcking00 Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:27 pm

After watching this game I am not sold on Phelphry. Travis is a better coach at this point in both ex-Cat player careers but none, in my opinion, could be the coach at Kentucky. At this point, they don't have what is takes. I heard both coaches names mentioned during the search to replace BCG. Nobody on this planet can tell me that hiring those two fellas would be better than Coach Cal. They weren't ready for the position. Clearly there was a better coach out there that could do the job, Coach Cal. I don't think Ford or Phelprey would be 19-0 as a freshman coach at UK. They are good coaches but not that good. Unfortunately, I think Phelprey will get fired at the coach at Arkansas this year. He is taking a step backwards. You might see him end up on Ford's staff.

BK
bcking00
bcking00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:11 am

I felt sorry for Pelphrey today. I don't think Arkansas is the right fit for him. I doubt he'll go back to being an assistant anywhere, but I don't see him staying there for too much longer.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down