BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pelphrey Back To Gators -Pitino Jr. To UL

3 posters

Go down

Pelphrey Back To Gators -Pitino Jr. To UL Empty Pelphrey Back To Gators -Pitino Jr. To UL

Post  Carolina Kat Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:06 pm

John Pelphrey Lands On His Feet, Richard Pitino Returns To Papa

Pelphrey Back To Gators -Pitino Jr. To UL Tru_tiny by Glenn Logan, Sea Of Blue

Apr 13, 2011 7:27 AM EDT

Pelphrey Back To Gators -Pitino Jr. To UL 26372_pitino_extortion_basketball

I think it's great that John Pelphrey has been hired back by Billy Donovan as an assistant at Florida. It's a shame that the Arkansas thing didn't work out, but sometimes we fail, and how we learn from that failure usually informs our future success.

But Billy Donovan didn't stop there. He hired Norm Roberts, former St. Johns head coach as an assistant as well, as three of Donovan's assistants have left for other positions -- Larry Shyatt to Wyoming as their new head man, Bob Lanier to Texas and Richard Pitino to Louisville. In my opinion, Donovan has done a great job of reloading the coaching roster.

Then there is this rather bizarre rumor of Richard Pitino to become the "Head coach in waiting" at Louisville. I did not believe this from the second I heard it, and the Mike at Card Chronicle seems to confirm that this is not the case. It is simply not logical for a program as proud and successful as Louisville to name a coach with zero experience as head man as the heir to his father. We saw how that worked when Sean Sutton succeeded his father Eddie at Oklahoma State, and when Pat Knight succeeded Bob Knight at Texas Tech -- i.e., none to well for the sons.

It would be irresponsible of Louisville to do that, and most likely disastrous for Richard if it were so. I'm happy to see that it's apparently not the case. The history of that "the son follows the father" has already failed much more often than it has succeeded.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Pelphrey Back To Gators -Pitino Jr. To UL Empty Re: Pelphrey Back To Gators -Pitino Jr. To UL

Post  backinky Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Saw this a day or so ago. I bet BigRed is happy. Pitino Jr. as coach for UL.

backinky

Back to top Go down

Pelphrey Back To Gators -Pitino Jr. To UL Empty Re: Pelphrey Back To Gators -Pitino Jr. To UL

Post  jagator Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:22 am

John Thompson might not agree.
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down