BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cornell's Coury calls playing ex-UK teammates "extra special"

+8
Californication
Shannon
MULECHOPS
ukgirl2005
Catmanblue
Fossten
bluebox23
BestdamnUKfanperiod
12 posters

Go down

Cornell's Coury calls playing ex-UK teammates "extra special" Empty Cornell's Coury calls playing ex-UK teammates "extra special"

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Cornell's Coury calls playing ex-UK teammates "extra special"

By Jerry Tipton / jtipton@herald-leader.com

During a teleconference Cornell hosted with reporters Tuesday morning, former University of Kentucky player Mark Coury was asked if it's special to be playing against his old school. "Of course," he said. "It's extra special" because he'll get to see his former teammates.

UK (34-2) plays Cornell (29-4) in the NCAA Tournament East Regional semifinals late Thursday.

"It will be a great battle," Coury said. "I think it's going to be a great game. I can't wait."

Coury, a walk-on from West Bloomfield, Mich., played for UK in 2006-07 and 2007-08 before transferring to Cornell.

Another Cornell player, senior Ryan Wittman, has a tenuous tie to UK.

He might play his last college game against UK just like his father did. Or, he might not.

Ryan's father, Randy Wittman, played for Indiana, which lost to UK in the 1983 Sweet 16 game — the same game Ryan is playing against UK this year. Kentucky won that game 64-59.

Ryan was asked if that provided extra motivation or revenge for him against Kentucky.

"He really hasn't said too much about that," Ryan said of his father. "He kind of lets me enjoy my own experience.

"I don't know how much extra motivation you need in the Sweet 16, with the chance to go to the Elite Eight," he said.

"If you are not motivated already, you shouldn't be here."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/03/23/1194163/cornells-coury-calls-playing-ex.html#ixzz0j1UM9yuu
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cornell's Coury calls playing ex-UK teammates "extra special" Empty Re: Cornell's Coury calls playing ex-UK teammates "extra special"

Post  bluebox23 Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 pm

I for one hope we destroy this team, I am sick of the ESPN douchebags saying they will beat UK, hope the team can shut them up!!!
bluebox23
bluebox23

Favorite College team: : UK

Back to top Go down

Cornell's Coury calls playing ex-UK teammates "extra special" Empty Re: Cornell's Coury calls playing ex-UK teammates "extra special"

Post  Fossten Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:40 pm

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:
"It will be a great battle," Coury said. "I think it's going to be a great game. I can't wait."
Laughing
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I hope we kick their ass also, tired of hearing about the Ivy league.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Catmanblue Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 pm

The only way Cornell wins this game is if we give it to them,which is possible.
If we can hit at least 30-35% of our 3's and utilize Pat and Cuz,we should win this going away..Especially if we defend the 3 point line..Thats their only hope.

Catmanblue

Favorite NFL team: : Titans

Back to top Go down

Post  ukgirl2005 Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm "extra worried" bout the Cuz/Coury match up. Rolling Eyes
ukgirl2005
ukgirl2005

Favorite College team: : Tha cats
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:59 pm

UK is a 9 point favorite (the most of all sweet 16 games)
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:00 am

ukgirl2005 wrote:I'm "extra worried" bout the Cuz/Coury match up. Rolling Eyes

Worried about Coury get dunked on to hard?
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  ukgirl2005 Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:03 am

It's actually pretty embarrassing that he played for us...

Can y'all read my shirt in the pic?? We made them for the game in New Orleans... Smile
ukgirl2005
ukgirl2005

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:04 am

ukgirl2005 wrote:It's actually pretty embarrassing that he played for us...

Can y'all read my shirt in the pic?? We made them for the game in New Orleans... Smile

I like the pic! kinda hard to read but I see it.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  ukgirl2005 Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 am

Thanks BD... We got sooo many weird looks and perverted comments bout the shirts. lol. Woulda been perfect to have Cuz sign them!!
ukgirl2005
ukgirl2005

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 am

ukgirl2005 wrote:Thanks BD... We got sooo many weird looks and perverted comments bout the shirts. lol. Woulda been perfect to have Cuz sign them!!

I can make it bigger maybe if u want. Never know my see Cousins down in Florida when playing in the NBA.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:18 am

Mark Coury please. i actually forgot he played basketball
Shannon
Shannon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky of course
Favorite NFL team: : Colts!!

Back to top Go down

Post  ukgirl2005 Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:31 am

He doesnt.
ukgirl2005
ukgirl2005

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:55 am

Lol. I like your shirt
Shannon
Shannon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky of course
Favorite NFL team: : Colts!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:11 am

Hey! Show some respect to Coury!!! He rocked it every game for 1:45 seconds, and I mean rocked it. Got to love the kid. As for the shirt, all UK women love their Cousins, and you fill it out so nicely!! Cats will beat Cornell by at least 15. Bank it. This is so hilarious.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:14 am

Yeah show some respect to Mark "Every night is senior night" Coury.
Fossten
Fossten

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 am

Coury may not have had the talent that we all wanted but he went out there and busted his ass every night. he had more heart than anyone else on that team. I cant beleive the way some of you are acting.

P.S. I cant spell so deal with it.
Mikey
Mikey

Favorite NFL team: : Bengals

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:27 am

Mikey wrote:Coury may not have had the talent that we all wanted but he went out there and busted his ass every night. he had more heart than anyone else on that team. I cant beleive the way some of you are acting.

P.S. I cant spell so deal with it.
He didn't have more heart than Crawford or Patterson. Give me a break.
Fossten
Fossten

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:22 am

No he didnt have the talent that Crawford and Patterson had. he was a worker and he busted his ass every day. Even a Drunkard like Billy G saw that.

He has never said a bad word about UK and you guys treat him like a red headed step child, you make me sick.
Mikey
Mikey

Favorite NFL team: : Bengals

Back to top Go down

Post  OBXWildcat Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:08 pm

I don't think whether or not we shoot well will matter, it will be how well we defend. Cornell is the best shooting team in the country.
OBXWildcat
OBXWildcat

Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

http://www.pizzazzpizza.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Mikey wrote:No he didnt have the talent that Crawford and Patterson had. he was a worker and he busted his ass every day. Even a Drunkard like Billy G saw that.

He has never said a bad word about UK and you guys treat him like a red headed step child, you make me sick.
Outraged poster is outrageously outraged. Mad
Fossten
Fossten

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:15 pm

I think the guy loved UK but How can anyone tell if he busted his ass or had talent? He never played long enough , The thing is, He didn't dog UK and he could have but instead he was classy about it.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  ukgirl2005 Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Geez, some people are sooo sensitive. Rolling Eyes

And thanks Shannon!! Very Happy
ukgirl2005
ukgirl2005

Back to top Go down

Post  AddctdGmbler Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:22 pm

ukgirl2005 wrote:It's actually pretty embarrassing that he played for us...

What shirt?! Shocked
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Favorite College team: : Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  AddctdGmbler Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:27 pm

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:I think the guy loved UK but How can anyone tell if he busted his ass or had talent? He never played long enough , The thing is, He didn't dog UK and he could have but instead he was classy about it.
I guess the easiest way to tell if he had talent or not was to see that he's now PLAYING FOR CORNELL and only getting 11 minutes per game, 2.5 points per game, and .3 blocks per game.
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Back to top Go down

Post  2.1 Seconds Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:03 am

AddctdGmbler wrote:
BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:I think the guy loved UK but How can anyone tell if he busted his ass or had talent? He never played long enough , The thing is, He didn't dog UK and he could have but instead he was classy about it.
I guess the easiest way to tell if he had talent or not was to see that he's now PLAYING FOR CORNELL and only getting 11 minutes per game, 2.5 points per game, and .3 blocks per game.

I'd take those stats in trade for an education at Cornell.

2.1 Seconds

Back to top Go down

Post  AddctdGmbler Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:21 am

2.1 Seconds wrote:
AddctdGmbler wrote:

I'd take those stats in trade for an education at Cornell.

Well they don't have scholarships so you'd be paying for it. So because he's a "good guy" and has shitty stats at Cornell means that he's a good basketball player? You guys always dodge the point. Are you guys politicians? He sucks as a basketball player is all we're saying.
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:26 am

Coury is a good kid, But he isn't much of a basketball player, He does try. Gillispie started him because he would listen and is smart, I hope he has a great life. But I am pretty sure we heard the last out of him for a while.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  AddctdGmbler Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Who are we talking about again? I already forgot. Very Happy
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down