BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NY Times: Kantner Received $100,000 From Team

+6
woodywoodwick
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
BestdamnUKfanperiod
Californication
jagator
Carolina Kat
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NY Times: Kantner Received $100,000 From Team - Page 2 Empty Re: NY Times: Kantner Received $100,000 From Team

Post  woodywoodwick Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:21 pm

jagator wrote:I'll have to admit my ignorance here. I have no idea what Woodford is. Never heard of it.
Super Premium Small Batch Bourbon.
woodywoodwick
woodywoodwick

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Steelers

Back to top Go down

NY Times: Kantner Received $100,000 From Team - Page 2 Empty Re: NY Times: Kantner Received $100,000 From Team

Post  Californication Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:36 pm

jagator wrote:I'll have to admit my ignorance here. I have no idea what Woodford is. Never heard of it.

Woodford Reserve is a premium bourbon. Very good.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:37 pm

If my bet is too weak for your taste Woody, feel free to offer the sweep bet to Jag yourself.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  woodywoodwick Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Californication wrote:If my bet is too weak for your taste Woody, feel free to offer the sweep bet to Jag yourself.
I don't bet on my Team, Bad JUJU.
But.... If I were a betting man, I wouldn't bring some weak ass bet like that to the table. Very Happy
woodywoodwick
woodywoodwick

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:59 pm

woodywoodwick wrote:
Californication wrote:If my bet is too weak for your taste Woody, feel free to offer the sweep bet to Jag yourself.
I don't bet on my Team, Bad JUJU.
But.... If I were a betting man, I wouldn't bring some weak ass bet like that to the table. Very Happy

Easy to say, if you aren't a betting man. Put up or shut up.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  woodywoodwick Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 pm

I think you have a gambling problem.
woodywoodwick
woodywoodwick

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:30 am

woodywoodwick wrote:I think you have a gambling problem.

You think wrong. About the only gambling I do is on the golf course, and it is low $. I rarely bet on ball bgames. The last bet I made on a game of any kind was with Big Red last year on the UK/UL game. I won a bottle of Woodford, and I didn't even drink it all. I had a couple of fire and water shots, but shared it with my friends on our annual super bowl trip. I work too hard for my money to waste it, which is why I won't wager UK sweeping Florida this year.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  woodywoodwick Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:17 am

FREE ENES
woodywoodwick
woodywoodwick

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:03 pm

Californication wrote:

You think wrong. About the only gambling I do is on the golf course, and it is low $. I rarely bet on ball bgames. The last bet I made on a game of any kind was with Big Red last year on the UK/UL game. I won a bottle of Woodford, and I didn't even drink it all. I had a couple of fire and water shots, but shared it with my friends on our annual super bowl trip. I work too hard for my money to waste it, which is why I won't wager UK sweeping Florida this year.

You go to the Super Bowl every year? Damn, what are you the CEO?
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Isn't Woodford like 90 bucks a bottle?
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:18 pm

jagator wrote:
Californication wrote:

You go to the Super Bowl every year? Damn, what are you the CEO?

Good lord no. I've never been to a super bowl. I should have super bowl weekend. 8 of us get together for a 4-5 day weekend each Super Bowl weekend. Been going to Destin the last 5 years or so. Going to Tampa this year. Weekend of disgusting guy fun, a lot of beer, golf, and some football.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:56 pm

You must be single then. Or have an understanding wife.
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm

jagator wrote:You must be single then. Or have an understanding wife.

Been married 20 years to the same beauty. She is understanding, and we trust each other. She goes on girl trips too.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Californication wrote:

Been married 20 years to the same beauty. She is understanding, and we trust each other. She goes on girl trips too.

Jag,
If you've seen his mug you should know why she trusts him. Ha! Very Happy
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:53 pm

stuckinknoxville wrote:
Californication wrote:

Jag,

With friends like this....... LOL. She is a hottie I might add! 5-8 120 lbs, and beautiful! She is also a lawyer. What can I say? I married up as I'm reminded by friends, like Stuck! She and my daughter are going to Tampa Fall break with another friend of our's and her two kids. I can't take off from work during Sep, Oct, and possibly Nov. So they are going on vacation without me. I'm going to paint my daughter's room while their gone. Last time they went on a week long trip without me, I painted our bedroom.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 am

UK Maine-Iac wrote:Isn't Woodford like 90 bucks a bottle?

Naw don't believe it that high.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:26 am

It's a tad under $50 per liter if I remember correctly. For my bet with Big Red, we agreed to a $50 money order mailed to the other.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 am

Californication wrote:
stuckinknoxville wrote:
Californication wrote:

Jag,

With friends like this....... LOL. She is a hottie I might add! 5-8 120 lbs, and beautiful! She is also a lawyer. What can I say? I married up as I'm reminded by friends, like Stuck! She and my daughter are going to Tampa Fall break with another friend of our's and her two kids. I can't take off from work during Sep, Oct, and possibly Nov. So they are going on vacation without me. I'm going to paint my daughter's room while their gone. Last time they went on a week long trip without me, I painted our bedroom.

Ha! Just bustin' you chops man!
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:23 am

I know you were just hacking on me. It's all good.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:47 pm

OK. I spoke to some fellow Kentucky fans who reside in Lexington. They said the word around town is that Kanter will not be cleared.

Now I'm REEEAAAALLLLY not happy.

I wish they would just come out and say, one way or another. Hell the've had months to look this over.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Yeah, and the word around town last year, and two years before was the Billy the Kid would be the coach. Thank God that didn't happen, and I still bet he plays this year.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlueCats86 Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:52 am

How could anyone know for sure when it hasn't even been decided upon? Don't listen to what anyone has to say about it until you've heard from the NCAA. I'm just staying neutral and keeping an optimistic attitude about it.
BigBlueCats86
BigBlueCats86

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:16 am

BigBlueCats86 wrote:How could anyone know for sure when it hasn't even been decided upon? Don't listen to what anyone has to say about it until you've heard from the NCAA. I'm just staying neutral and keeping an optimistic attitude about it.

Yes sirree. I still say he will play.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:09 am

I'm not a betting man but I feel like the longer it takes the less of a chance he plays.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 am

stuckinknoxville wrote:I'm not a betting man but I feel like the longer it takes the less of a chance he plays.

just the opposite for me. If there was a concrete reason, they'd already slammed the door.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:57 am

I actually had Woodford for the first time yesterday. Realized im a light weight Sad

FREE ENES!
Shannon
Shannon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky of course
Favorite NFL team: : Colts!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:41 am

I say he doesn't play this year. Looking at the Reggie Bush situation which is different in a lot of ways. Took six years for that to be completed but then he didn't have any reason to cooperate with the investigation since he was no longer a college athlete. Kanter has a reason to cooperate. Let's just hope the evidence is sketchy against him and that UK has done its homework prior to signing him.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 am

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:
UK Maine-Iac wrote:Isn't Woodford like 90 bucks a bottle?

Naw don't believe it that high.

I could've swore I saw it at Liquor World in Richmond behind a glass case for 89.95. Seeing as Old Crow or Kentucky Tavern has the same effect (eventually) I decided I'd pass. Laughing
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:18 am

Ok So who do we have if we dont get Kanter?
Shannon
Shannon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky of course
Favorite NFL team: : Colts!!

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Shannon wrote:Ok So who do we have if we dont get Kanter?
Vargas and Harrelson. Maybe T-Jones, but he's probably not big enough.
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Favorite NFL team: : Da Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next