BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eric Bledsoe Predicted as 1st Rnd Pick in '10 draft

+7
Californication
agent 00
bcking00
BestdamnUKfanperiod
96 G.O.A.T.
AddctdGmbler
ihateyewavel
11 posters

Go down

Eric Bledsoe Predicted as 1st Rnd Pick in '10 draft Empty Eric Bledsoe Predicted as 1st Rnd Pick in '10 draft

Post  ihateyewavel Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:07 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Chad Ford:

In a draft without any great point guard prospects past John Wall, could the second-best point guard actually be his teammate? A growing number of scouts are coming back from Kentucky scouting trips saying exactly that after watching Wall's freshman backcourt buddy, Eric Bledsoe (especially those who see Oklahoma's Willie Warren as a 2-guard).

Bledsoe is clearly talented and there's no question that he's been playing in Wall's shadow all year. But dig deeper and you can understand why NBA scouts are intrigued. While Bledsoe doesn't have Wall's size or his PR machine, he's incredibly quick, an explosive leaper and he's very, very tough -- almost to a fault (against Louisville, John Calipari had to pull him from the floor early to keep him from going after Reginald Delk). Unlike Wall, Bledsoe has shown the ability to nail the open jumper and is shooting an impressive 47 percent from 3-point range.

In a recent game against Florida, Bledsoe, not Wall, Patrick Patterson or DeMarcus Cousins, was the best player on the floor. While Bledsoe could clearly use another year or two of seasoning at Kentucky -- one where he, not Wall, is the team's alpha dog -- more and more scouts are talking about the possibility that he will declare this year. If he does enter the draft, he could end up going somewhere in the mid-to-late-first round. Or higher.

"If John Wall didn't play for Kentucky, I think we'd all be calling Bledsoe a lottery pick," one GM told Insider. "He's playing in the same backcourt as the best player in college basketball. But if you look close, you'll see it. He's an NBA talent all the way."
ihateyewavel
ihateyewavel

Favorite College team: : Dynasty
Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Eric Bledsoe Predicted as 1st Rnd Pick in '10 draft Empty Re: Eric Bledsoe Predicted as 1st Rnd Pick in '10 draft

Post  ihateyewavel Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:08 am

that would be very bad
ihateyewavel
ihateyewavel

Favorite College team: : Dynasty

Back to top Go down

Eric Bledsoe Predicted as 1st Rnd Pick in '10 draft Empty Re: Eric Bledsoe Predicted as 1st Rnd Pick in '10 draft

Post  AddctdGmbler Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:16 am

[quote="ihateyewavelUnlike Wall, Bledsoe has shown the ability to nail the open jumper and is shooting an impressive 47 percent from 3-point range.[/quote]

Really? They still won't give Wall credit for being a pretty decent shooter outside? I think he's a good shooter. People always like to say shit like this about all around athletes that have a bad game.
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Favorite College team: : Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  96 G.O.A.T. Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:30 am

I hope Eric stays. That kid is a great talent. This team is so loaded it's almost scary. There are four potential first round picks playing for UK right now.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

96 G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:46 am

96 G.O.A.T. wrote:I hope Eric stays. That kid is a great talent. This team is so loaded it's almost scary. There are four potential first round picks playing for UK right now.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

I'm going to try going first round this year too.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bcking00 Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:43 am

Bledsoe could become the best point guard in UK history if he stayed for four years. Wall will never stay so leave him out of the discussion. Rondo was good but never had the outside shot to score at will. Bledsoe is the complete point guard. I hope he stays. I really don't think he will leave. Coach Cal brought him in to make Wall and him better during practices and excel during games. They feed off of one another. Bledsoe is providing more than anyone thought. He will be at UK for at least two more years. If he last to his senior year he will be the best ever.

BK
bcking00
bcking00

Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:28 pm

I'd really hate to lose 4 players after this season. We all know Wall & Patterson are gone with Cousins & Bledsoe having one foot out the door. Cousins & Bledsoe could use another year or two but I'm not holding my breath.
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:47 am

While I fully believe both Wall and Bledsoe would be first rounders, and yes, Wall will be #1, I'd like to make a point. Then you can all agree, or slam me for my opinion. Neither of them have one very important component of an NBA point guard. They don't have that quick pull-up jumper. Wall has done it a couple of times, once in his first game from about 15 to win the game. But neither of them have shown that rise-and-shoot jumper(think Jodie Meeks). Nearly all of their perimeter shots have been open "set-shots". Maybe I'm just dreaming, but if they were to come back and develope that shot over the summer, they could go 1-2 in the draft in 2011. Wall really has nothing to gain, and it sounds like Bledsoe doesn't either. But they are both lacking that move. Cousins will have to come back and develope some offensive moves. Patterson's only reason for a return would be for a championship, or just because he loves it at UK. He has the full package, and nothing but risks arise with his senior season. That's my opinion, I could (and have been many times before) wrong. Go CATS!
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  ukfreak00 Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:19 pm

californication wrote: They don't have that quick pull-up jumper.

Wall absolutely has a pull-up jumper. The reason you aren't seeing much of it is because, in transition he's too quick. If he gets loose, there is no defender going to get back on defense to force the pull up jumper. So you won't see it an transition, because he's always got the easy lay-up.

In our halfcourt set, you don't see it mainly because of how much zone we are seeing. It's tough to drive into the middle of the zone and pull up for a 15 footer.
ukfreak00
ukfreak00

Favorite NFL team: : Cleveland Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:05 am

ukfreak00 wrote:
californication wrote: They don't have that quick pull-up jumper.

Wall absolutely has a pull-up jumper. The reason you aren't seeing much of it is because, in transition he's too quick. If he gets loose, there is no defender going to get back on defense to force the pull up jumper. So you won't see it an transition, because he's always got the easy lay-up.

In our halfcourt set, you don't see it mainly because of how much zone we are seeing. It's tough to drive into the middle of the zone and pull up for a 15 footer.

Maybe you're right. Like I said, it was just my opinion. Meeks saw plenty of zone too, but he pulled up all the time. I have yet to see Wall, or Bledsoe, shoot a jumper from the perimeter. Like I said, Wall did pull up and pop the game winner in his first game from about 15. But they both shoot set shots from beyond the arc. That is partly due to the open looks created, but a jump shooter will shoot a jumper when they are open, not a set shot.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  woodywoodwick Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Maybe Cal will focus on the jump shooting Offense, when Wall and Bledsoe hit the Lottery! Rolling Eyes
woodywoodwick
woodywoodwick

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:43 pm

When Bledsoe doesn't try to do too much, he is easily a first round candidate. But when he does try to steal the show, as it were, you can see where he needs to mature a little more. I think he'll be here one more year as will Cousins.

Let's face it, these are the issues we are going to be facing with Cal. He recruits the talent, and that's the way I like it.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:27 pm

I had to grin yesterday when Wall drove to the lane and rose in traffic to drain a 12-14 footer. That's what I was talking about, and he showed me yesterday that he does indeed have that shot. Still waiting for that from Bledsoe.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:42 pm

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:
96 G.O.A.T. wrote:I hope Eric stays. That kid is a great talent. This team is so loaded it's almost scary. There are four potential first round picks playing for UK right now.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

I'm going to try going first round this year too.
You'll sit your ass on the bench and like it. You don't listen in practice.

Wink
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down