BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia DB Jones picks Wildcats after camp

Go down

Georgia DB Jones picks Wildcats after camp Empty Georgia DB Jones picks Wildcats after camp

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:54 am

Georgia DB Jones picks Wildcats after camp

By LARRY VAUGHT
larry@amnews.com
June 22, 2010

Kentucky extended its Georgia football pipeline Monday when Riyahd Jones of Columbus, Ga., verbally committed to play for coach Joker Phillips and the Wildcats.

Jones plays at Carver High School, a school that consistently produces Division I players.

Jones told Chad Simmons, south recruiting manager for Scout.com, that he got his scholarship offer from wide receivers coach Tee Martin after attending UK’s camp and he quickly accepted the offer since he had already been to Lexington twice.

“They offered me as a cornerback and I did pretty good at camp. I was fundamentally sound in every drill and I have good technique. I have more technique at corner than I do receiver and I'm more natural at it,” Jones told Simmons.

The 6-3 Jones runs the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds, and college coaches believe he has the athleticism to be a quality defensive back.

Mississippi State and Clemson had both shown recent in interest in Jones. While he says he “might” take a few other visits, he indicated he’s unlikely to change his commitment to Kentucky.

“It felt great to get that offer because I worked so hard and I feel like I deserve this. I tore up the camps I've been to this summer, and all schools said they were going to offer but UK pulled the trigger first, and that shows that they have a lot of faith in me. I now have faith in them. I'm UK all the way,” Jones told Simmons.

He has two teammates — running back Isaiah Crowell and defensive tackle Gabe Wright — who are both among the top recruits in Georgia. Crowell has Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia and Miami at the top of his list, while the 300-pound Wright has over 30 scholarship offers with Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida State and Tennessee in his top five.

Offensive guard Quincy McKinney has multiple offers, including Clemson, Florida State and Tennessee, while Duke has offered linebacker Edward Pritchett.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down