BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrence Jones recruiting: Nobody knows -- maybe not even Jones -- what he will decide

Go down

Terrence Jones recruiting: Nobody knows -- maybe not even Jones -- what he will decide Empty Terrence Jones recruiting: Nobody knows -- maybe not even Jones -- what he will decide

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:27 am

Terrence Jones recruiting: Nobody knows -- maybe not even Jones -- what he will decide

At 3:30 p.m. Friday in the gymnasium at Jefferson High School, it will be about four boys and a lot of hats.

Four seniors who have played roles on the Democrats' last three Class 5A boys basketball championship teams will announce their college decisions.

Three are expected to come without a lot of fanfare. It has been reported that Stephen Madison made an oral commitment to Idaho. Antoine Hosley is trying to decide between Gardner-Webb and Cal State Bakersfield. Terrence Ross visited Washington on Monday, and before the day ended, several recruiting websites reported he had signed a letter of intent with the school.

Several months ago, Jones narrowed his choices of schools to Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Oklahoma and Kentucky. Recently, he added Kansas to the mix.

So which school will it be?

If Jones knows, he is keeping it a tightly guarded secret.

"I guess we'll all find out Friday," Hosley said. "He's probably a little more open with us, because we're good friends. But none of us know nothing. He is keeping his college decisions to himself."

Dave Telep, the national recruiting director for Scout.com, wrote on his Twitter this week about Jones: "This dude is like CIA with his deal. I don't even think his mom knows."

Telep might not be far off.

"I was talking to his mom yesterday, and we're always asking each other, 'Has Terrence told you?'" Jefferson coach Pat Strickland said.

One reason, Strickland thinks, Jones hasn't announced: He hasn't decided.

"I don't think he'll decide until his turn comes up (Friday) to announce," Strickland said.

There is intense interest in Jones' decision among the fan bases of his prospective schools. Kentucky is looking to reload after losing five players to the NBA draft. Kansas is hoping to secure its second top 10 signing this month after Josh Selby (No. 5 by ESPNU) committed two weeks ago. UCLA is in need of a recruiting pick-me-up after missing the NCAA Tournament this season, as is Oklahoma. Washington could pull off a Northwest recruiting coup with a Ross-Jones signing. Oregon really could get its fan base charged up with news of a newly hired coach and the state's best player coming to Eugene within a week's time.

Strickland said he would be surprised if the coaches from those schools know of Jones' decision.

"They call all the time and ask, 'Do I still have a chance?'" Strickland said.

Sure appears so, at least until Friday afternoon.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down