BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex-Cat Tony Delk Interested in WKU Assistant Job

5 posters

Go down

Ex-Cat Tony Delk Interested in WKU Assistant Job Empty Ex-Cat Tony Delk Interested in WKU Assistant Job

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Mon May 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Ex-Cat Tony Delk Interested in WKU Assistant Job

have been informed this afternoon that former Kentucky Wildcat Tony Delk has entered his name as a candidate for the newly opened assistant position at Western Kentucky.

Delk has reportedly reached out to WKU administration and is highly interested in becoming a member of the coaching staff and the Hilltopper family.

He helped lead Kentucky to a national championship in 1996 and went on to play professionally in the NBA. Currently, Delk is an assistant to John Calipari at the University of Kentucky. Delk will always be remembered as one of the great shooters in UK basketball history.

Hiring a name like Tony Delk would also land Western in the UK spotlight and generate interest from a different group of fans.

My Thoughts: I think the administration at Western Kentucky needs to strongly consider Delk for this position. Not only would the program be landing a player with a superb NCAA and NBA resume, but also a good leader and mentor. I feel it's a "win-win" situation for both WKU and Delk.

I met Tony last season at Rupp Arena and my first impression was a good one. He was easily approachable and extremely nice. After I chatted with him, I noticed that he spent considerable time signing autographs for young fans that were hanging over the rail of the Rupp Arena tunnel.
Join the Big Blue Nation on Facebook
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ex-Cat Tony Delk Interested in WKU Assistant Job Empty Re: Ex-Cat Tony Delk Interested in WKU Assistant Job

Post  KickAss Kats Mon May 10, 2010 11:44 pm

why would he leave UK as a Asst, to coach at WKU as a Asst? seems nuts
KickAss Kats
KickAss Kats

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

Ex-Cat Tony Delk Interested in WKU Assistant Job Empty Re: Ex-Cat Tony Delk Interested in WKU Assistant Job

Post  AddctdGmbler Tue May 11, 2010 2:02 am

I'm just assuming it was a one year deal with him to help get him in the business.
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Favorite College team: : Wildcats

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Blue Nation Tue May 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Was Tony a "regular" assistant or a "special" assistant. I do believe that his and Padgetts positions were labled something other than assistant coach. Good luck Tony.
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  KickAss Kats Wed May 12, 2010 3:31 am

I'm not sure if it was a special asst position, I just don't want to lose Tony Delk, he was one of my favorite players. But good luck either way
KickAss Kats
KickAss Kats

Favorite College team: : UK

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Blue Nation Wed May 12, 2010 1:51 pm

ktscott1 wrote:I'm not sure if it was a special asst position, I just don't want to lose Tony Delk, he was one of my favorite players. But good luck either way

I agree, he was one of my favorite players too. I hate to see him go, but if this helps further his career, I wish him well and hope that he gets the job.
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  kywildcat4 Sat May 15, 2010 2:29 am

He is my #1 player but to get to the story he isnt a coach form uk that can go recruit or coach on the floor if he went to wku that would be so he could do both things and get payed more.
kywildcat4
kywildcat4

Favorite College team: : UK in all sports
Favorite NFL team: : Dallas Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down