BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nets Interested in Coach K and Calipari

+8
CandyinKy
ukfreak00
UK Maine-Iac
cryptkeeper
2.1 Seconds
Bho
Blue Dude
BestdamnUKfanperiod
12 posters

Go down

Nets Interested in Coach K and Calipari Empty Nets Interested in Coach K and Calipari

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Nets Interested in Coach K and Calipari

by Matt Jones @ 10:59 am. Filed under Blue Blooded Opinions

The New York Daily News has become the official “get the Commonwealth stirred up with its stories” newspaper over the last 48 hours. The latest is today’s story on the (soon to be) Brooklyn Nets’ wish list, which apparently includes Coach K and John Calipari. The story says that the Russian billionaire (who should now be a Bond character) likes K at the top of his list, but it also includes such notables as Calipari. The theory is that the move to Brooklyn, combined with the first overall pick and the potential to get Lebron, makes it a job that people will want. Of course that overlooks the fact that the Nets only have a 25% chance of getting the pick and Lebron may not come, but hey, we all have to have our hopes.

Two things this news points out:

1. The Nets are eternal optimists: Even though their last coach was a former Indiana student manager and they now are about to set the record for fewest wins in a season, the Nets brain trust are optimistic. They think they can get two of the best five coaches in college basketball to come and take over their mess of a team, and that shows the “can-do-it” spirit this country was built upon. I am using that same spirit for my upcoming call to Miss USA for a date to the SEC Tournament

2. Pitino is no longer elite: If this story showcases anything, it is that Ricky P is no longer on the top of the college basketball heap. Think about it….the Nets have Coach K and Calipari on their wish list. Pitino contacts the Nets and tries to get them to hire him…they decline. That shows the college basketball pecking order fairly obviously.

So what does this all mean for Calipari’s future? I would be shocked if he even fathomed going to the Nets for Round 2. But having said that, “Calipari to the NBA” rumors are going to be a part of life for as long as he is here. So we might as well just get used to it and remember…no one wanted Billy Clyde.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=44331
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nets Interested in Coach K and Calipari Empty Re: Nets Interested in Coach K and Calipari

Post  Blue Dude Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Cal should tell the Nets to GO F Themselves. Firing him in the first run at year 3 only like 15 games in AFTER a lock was stupid in itself. Just my 2 cents even though this is a rumor.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Nets Interested in Coach K and Calipari Empty Re: Nets Interested in Coach K and Calipari

Post  Bho Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:14 am

I think that the fact that it will be a totally different franchise....owners, GM....etc....Still don't think he's going but it's not like the same people that fired him are going to re hire him
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  2.1 Seconds Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 am

He's gone...book it.

2.1 Seconds

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:59 am

2.1 Seconds wrote:He's gone...book it.

Who? Coach K??
Bho
Bho

Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:07 am

IF the nets get 1st pick IF lebron goes to net and IF they offer him the GM & coaching position and IF the Cats win it all, then coach CAL may be gone.
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:12 am

He's not leaving. He's already said he made enough money to live comfortably from the first stint with the Nets. He knows coaching NBA players is much different than college. He's a college coach and that's where he'll stay. Book it.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  ukfreak00 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:33 am

Here's the reasons why it won't happen.....

1. It's the Nets. Potentially the worst team ever in the NBA. No one in their right mind is going to want that job.

2. They are not guaranteed to get the #1 pick in the draft. They have a 25% chance. Just ask Rick Pitino about how that lottery works.

3. LeBron is NOT going to the Nets. If LeBron even leaves Cleveland, which I'm not sure he will, it WILL NOT be for the Nets. If he leaves Cleveland, he will go somewhere that he thinks will give him a better chance at winning a title. And that is NOT New Jersey/Brooklyn.

4. He's not Lane Kiffin. He's not leaving after one year at a job.

*Note* Coach Cal WILL eventually leave for another NBA job. He will want to prove he can succeed in the NBA. There's no doubt in my mind he'll give the NBA another shot before his career is over. However, it won't be after 1 year here.
ukfreak00
ukfreak00

Favorite NFL team: : Cleveland Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  CandyinKy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:03 am

ukfreak00 wrote:Here's the reasons why it won't happen.....

1. It's the Nets. Potentially the worst team ever in the NBA. No one in their right mind is going to want that job.

2. They are not guaranteed to get the #1 pick in the draft. They have a 25% chance. Just ask Rick Pitino about how that lottery works.

3. LeBron is NOT going to the Nets. If LeBron even leaves Cleveland, which I'm not sure he will, it WILL NOT be for the Nets. If he leaves Cleveland, he will go somewhere that he thinks will give him a better chance at winning a title. And that is NOT New Jersey/Brooklyn.

*Note* Coach Cal WILL eventually leave for another NBA job. He will want to prove he can succeed in the NBA. There's no doubt in my mind he'll give the NBA another shot before his career is over. However, it won't be after 1 year here.

have to say I agree with freak here Shocked Shocked Shocked hahaha . Its gonna take some special conditions if coach leaves and I dont think its gonna happen after 1 year. This is just another reminder that Kentucky is back ontop!

Lets just have fun and be happy.Beat Tennessee!!! If he goes.... he goes. One year of this is better than 10 of tubby and 2 of bcg.At least we're in a good position now to get another good coach if it does happen.
CandyinKy
CandyinKy

Favorite College team: : Kentucky !!!!
Favorite NFL team: : ummm I dun watch it

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:45 am

Sorry Nets u cant have him!
Shannon
Shannon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky of course
Favorite NFL team: : Colts!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:53 am

He appears to be having the time of his life. One only needs so much money, and he has plenty. I don't see him leaving until he's ready to walk away from the game for good.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:12 am

I think he wants to win that championship before he considers doing anything.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:43 am

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:I think he wants to win that championship before he considers doing anything.

I hear ya, but I really don't think that matters to Cal. I believe he is where he wants to be, and will leave his legacy there. I've been wrong before, well once, but that was a long time ago. I didn't get the ring back from her, but it all worked out wonderfully.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:43 am

ukfreak00 wrote:Here's the reasons why it won't happen.....

Completely disagree with Cal definitely leaving for the NBA. He'll not make the same mistake Ricky made. I really think Cal will build UK into a new camelot, and proving grounds or not, he'll never be able to achieve that in the NBA, and I think he knows it. If you listen to him in interviews he makes it sound as if the NBA wasn't very enjoyable. He likes the college game and he has some control over the players. That's impossible in the NBA.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  kywildcat4 Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:20 pm

This just in the nets don't want pitino.. lol Had to do it.
kywildcat4
kywildcat4

Favorite College team: : UK in all sports
Favorite NFL team: : Dallas Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:45 pm

I agree with all the reasons laid out by Freak, and I'll add one more.

Cal is good friends with Joe B. Hall. He's seeing the legacy of being loved in Kentucky play out by the way Joe B. is treated here. He's over 50 years old. It's time to settle down. He'll stick around. If he does, his money will be no good here for the rest of his life, and he'll probably be Governor one day.
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down