BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK interested in younger Turpin

Go down

UK interested in younger Turpin Empty UK interested in younger Turpin

Post  duck Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:37 am

Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Kentucky, Louisville after Melvin Turpin's son
Kiel Turpin, the son of former University of Kentucky standout Melvin Turpin, recently helped Lincoln College to the National Junior College Athletic Association Division II national title game.

Now, Turpin's phone won't stop ringing.

The 7-foot, 205-pound Turpin has heard from plenty of colleges in the past two weeks including the most recent interest from Kentucky and Louisville. He said he talked with UK for the first time on Tuesday, chatting with assistant coach Orlando Antigua.

"I'm still trying to figure out if I am eligible if I come out now (after one season at the JUCO)," Turpin said. "So the schools are calling and just checking in and we're checking it out. I am not sure right now."

Turpin said he has heard from UK, U of L, USC, Mississippi State and Bowling Green among several others in just the past few days.

"I'd love to come out and go to a school now," Turpin said. "We won a national championship and I am ready for another challenge."

When asked about his connections with the UK program since his dad was a star for the Wildcats in the 1980s and the younger Turpin said he was eager to listen.

"It's been my major dream to go there because of my dad," he said. "I am very interested in Kentucky. I'll just have to wait and see what works out."

Turpin, who grew six inches during his junior and senior years of high school at Normal (Ill.) West, averaged 11 points, seven rebounds and three blocked shots as a freshman at Lincoln.

duck

Back to top Go down