BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HS AD Thinks Jones Will Sign With Huskies

3 posters

Go down

HS AD Thinks Jones Will Sign With Huskies Empty HS AD Thinks Jones Will Sign With Huskies

Post  Carolina Kat Sun May 02, 2010 3:49 am

Originally published Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Jefferson High AD thinks Terrence Jones will sign with UW

By Percy Allen
Seattle Times staff reporter

PORTLAND
— As far as Mitch Whitehurst is concerned, Terrence Jones is going to Washington in the fall.

The Jefferson High athletic director organized the news conference Friday that drew a handful of media and a small crowd to the northeast Portland school's gymnasium where Jones and former teammate Terrence Ross picked the Huskies among several college choices.

"Terrence is going to the University of Washington because that's what I heard him verbally say," Whitehurst said. "He said he wanted to go with his boy Terrence Ross and Terrence Ross is at Washington so I'm assuming that he's going to do exactly what he said. Follow his boy and follow his decision."

After the announcement, Jones' family members said he spoke with Kentucky coach John Calipari, which appears to have cast some doubt in his decision.

Whitehurst learned Friday evening Jones never signed a binding national letter of intent with UW and discovered through reports the two-time Oregon 5A Player of the Year is possibly having second thoughts.

Whitehurst, who has known Jones for several years, said he's surprised, but not shocked the Jefferson star may be wavering.

"He's a young kid and kids make decisions that sometimes you wouldn't believe," Whitehurst said. "This is a major decision that an adult would sometimes be wavering on. This is like a career choice. So when adults make career choices, sometimes they second guess themselves.

"This is his first major decision in his life so I definitely can understand why he might be wavering when an adult might say you disappointed me. I can understand him wavering, but I still see him going to Washington."

Calls to Jones' parents were not immediately returned Saturday and a Washington spokesman said coach Lorenzo Romar will likely address the media Monday to discuss Ross and not Jones.

NCAA rules prohibit coaches from discussing a recruit that hasn't signed a LOI.

Internet and radio reports in Kentucky suggest the Wildcats are back in contention for Jones, a McDonald's All-American forward rated No. 9 in the nation by ESPNU.

Whitehurst refuses to read too much into the speculation. He also said the school isn't planning another news conference for Jones.

"We're just going to keep it the way it is," Whitehurst said. "He's going to Washington. We're not going to redo this."

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

HS AD Thinks Jones Will Sign With Huskies Empty Re: HS AD Thinks Jones Will Sign With Huskies

Post  cryptkeeper Sun May 02, 2010 5:13 am

Well, the good- he's not going to KU......the bad-he's almost committed to UW.....the ugly-if he goes to UK he will probably not be happy
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

HS AD Thinks Jones Will Sign With Huskies Empty Re: HS AD Thinks Jones Will Sign With Huskies

Post  Bho Sun May 02, 2010 2:41 pm

"He said he wanted to go with his boy Terrence Ross"

Has anyone ever heard a professional talk like this? That's something a high school kid says.
Bho
Bho

Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Tue May 04, 2010 2:28 pm

BHO i thought the same thing.
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down