BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patrick Patterson May Return In 2011

+8
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
OBXWildcat
BestdamnUKfanperiod
cryptkeeper
Bho
Fossten
edgehollow
Carolina Kat
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Patrick Patterson May Return In 2011 Empty Patrick Patterson May Return In 2011

Post  Carolina Kat Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:24 am

Forward Patterson won't rule out return to Kentucky

April 10, 2010

CBSSports.com wire reports

LEXINGTON, Ky.
-- Kentucky forward Patrick Patterson says he hasn't necessarily closed the book on his college career, even though the school announced he was going pro.

"I'm half in and half out right now," Patterson said in an interview with the Associated Press Saturday while he was watching horse races at Keeneland.

Patterson called the decision on whether to leave or stay for a senior season "a tie," adding that he hasn't signed the paperwork to enter the NBA Draft so "technically I haven't declared."

He said he was weighing several things, including the talent level of next season's Kentucky team and the possibility of an NBA lockout. Coach John Calipari has encouraged him to return to Kentucky, Patterson said, although he believes he is ready to play at the next level.

Last week, a news release from the university announced Patterson was one of five underclassmen to submit their names for the draft, along with freshman guards John Wall and Eric Bledsoe and freshman centers DeMarcus Cousins and Daniel Orton.

"I want to thank the fans who have supported me all three years," Patterson said in the release. "I also want to thank the coaches for putting me in a position to showcase other parts of my game as well as my versatility. Lexington and UK will always be a special place to me."

If Patterson were to change his mind, it would be the second time in two seasons. After last season under previous coach Billy Gillispie he announced he was entering the NBA Draft, then withdrew his name in May. He hadn't hired an agent, allowing him to return under NCAA rules.

Rules prohibit a player from submitting the paperwork to enter the draft and withdrawing a second time, so once he does that this time there is no turning back.

Patterson, who is on track to graduate in three years, went through senior day activities with the team in the season finale at Rupp Arena. He said doing that again had crossed his mind and acknowledged it would be strange.

"It would be kind of weird," he said. "I don't think anybody else has done that before. I'd probably be the first one."

Patterson ranked second in the SEC and 12th nationally this season with a 57.5 percent field goal percentage. He has scored the 13th most points in Kentucky history.

He started at power forward for the Wildcats, who were a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament, losing to West Virginia in the regional finals.

Copyright 2010 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Patrick Patterson May Return In 2011 Empty Re: Patrick Patterson May Return In 2011

Post  edgehollow Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:32 am

He's not coming back.

Edge
edgehollow
edgehollow

Favorite College team: : My beloved Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Oakland Raiders (and I don't EVEN want to hear it)

Back to top Go down

Patrick Patterson May Return In 2011 Empty Re: Patrick Patterson May Return In 2011

Post  Fossten Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:54 pm

edgehollow wrote:He's not coming back.

Edge
Are you saying this because you know him, and he told you this?

And if you're so sure about this, maybe you can answer the question 'why is he toying with Wildcat nation in this fashion' then. If he's so solidly NOT COMING BACK, why would he send out mixed messages and mess with everybody's minds? It seems like a cruel thing to do to the fans he professes to love.
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:57 pm

Although I think he isn't coming back, Edge solely basis his opinion on the Frosted One!!
Bho
Bho

Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:10 pm

it's just this simple.......NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!......i would also say that according to many Orton will be drafted before PP and I really don't think PP wants that to happen. So, unless Orton comes back PP stays.
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  edgehollow Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Bho wrote:Although I think he isn't coming back, Edge solely basis his opinion on the Frosted One!!

No, contrary to popular (and down-right idiotic in your case) belief, I can think for myself. He's a lottery pick by all accounts, and with the potential lockout next year...pretty much a no-brainer.

Best bet is to look forward to who we're recruiting and not backwards to what we had.

Now for the verbal beat-down...

Talk about a lover scorned...Marc must have tore that ass up w/o lube and didn't call the next day. Let it go, man...you can't address me (or anyone else, for that matter...chat room w/True ring a bell?) without bringing up "frosty". You'd think after 2 years you (and all the other douches that act like he's some internet monster) could let it go...but alas, it is not to be.

Go lick Matt Jones' taint some more, as he's starting to be seen for the asshat he is and will need all the support he can get. Maybe you and him can sit around and swap old war stories about how Marc has done each of you wrong. Then you two can have a good cry and go split a coco-colada.

I'll try to get Marc to call you back, but no guarantees.

/owningthedouchebag

I must admit, it's nice to not be a moderator here as opposed to TBK/SECSN...I can call a dingus a dingus and not worry about repercussions.

Edge
edgehollow
edgehollow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:38 am

edgehollow wrote:
Bho wrote:Although I think he isn't coming back, Edge solely basis his opinion on the Frosted One!!

No, contrary to popular (and down-right idiotic in your case) belief, I can think for myself. He's a lottery pick by all accounts, and with the potential lockout next year...pretty much a no-brainer.
Perhaps you'd care to climb down off your high horse and explain why Patterson is vacillating at the moment, then. He may very well go, but if (AS YOU SAY) he has already decided to go, then why is he giving off signals that he is undecided?
Fossten
Fossten

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:52 am

I'm thinking that Crypt is on to something. Let's assume that Orton was drafted before Patrick and let's say just for the heck of it Ogilvy was drafted before Patterson, that would be a real smack to Patterson.

If Crypt is right, maybe PP's thinking about how he could have contributed more on the court. I understand he did a lot to help the young guys early on but honestly, he didn't impress me missing three-point shots and honestly, although perhaps he wasn't told by Calipari, he could have gone in and helped relieve Cuz in the final game with West Virginia, when he's getting tripled teamed and beaten to a pulp. No reason, that within the offense we had we could have had a twin tower package going on.

I think Patterson enjoyed the season, but he knows looking back that he was not the man that he was "on the court" the previous two years. That would be eating at me and if he's spoken to some scouts, maybe they've been honest with him that he needs to work on his shot more or maybe they want him to be more of a power forward.

Just guessing. No sources on any of this. All I can say for sure in my personal opinion, is that Patrick was a long way from being the man on the 2010 team. He had 2-3 other guys in front of him most of the time and he had a choice to be more of a man and didn't seize it during the season. He tried to kick it up a notch down the stretch but it was short-lived. Otherwise, we might have been cutting down the nets instead of the Dookies.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:09 am

I think if Pat stays its because he just loves Kentucky and he wants his Masters just to do it for his parents, I don't think he is worried about the freshman being picked ahead of him, I can see Patterson going in the top 10 easy. If he decides to stay I'll be happy as hell, if he leaves I'll be happy for him.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  edgehollow Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Fossten wrote:
edgehollow wrote:

Perhaps you'd care to climb down off your high horse and explain why Patterson is vacillating at the moment, then. He may very well go, but if (AS YOU SAY) he has already decided to go, then why is he giving off signals that he is undecided?

Because, after 3 years @ UK, he'd like to have his own time to shine and say goodbye/thanks to the fans. There's no way in hell UK puts out a press release saying he's gone if he's not gone. That's just not the way UK would handle the situation, and EVERY news outlet in the nation would use it as ammo against UK as to how not in control Cal was/is.

He's gone. And I'm glad for him. He'll make his millions and will be a celebrity here for life.

Oh, and I love how I'm personally attacked and somehow I'M on a high horse. But you 2 keep stroking each other off and feed your anger for me and Marc. You know if all you haters get in a line in stead of a circle, you can actually close your eyes and pretend you're cross-country skiing...

Ass clown. Nice to see the SECSN tool chest has made its way here....and one of them even got a Mod gig.

Edge
edgehollow
edgehollow

Back to top Go down

Post  edgehollow Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:28 pm

cryptkeeper wrote:it's just this simple.......NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!......i would also say that according to many Orton will be drafted before PP and I really don't think PP wants that to happen. So, unless Orton comes back PP stays.

You show me ONE reputable draft list that has Orton ahead of PPat. I've not seen one that's even close to what you're talking about.

Edge
edgehollow
edgehollow

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:43 pm

edgehollow wrote:
cryptkeeper wrote:it's just this simple.......NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!......i would also say that according to many Orton will be drafted before PP and I really don't think PP wants that to happen. So, unless Orton comes back PP stays.

You show me ONE reputable draft list that has Orton ahead of PPat. I've not seen one that's even close to what you're talking about.

Edge

There is no ONE reputable draft list....The only reputable anything is when a NBA announces who they will draft. Everything is just speculation.....ESPN has said ORTON would go before PP, this was said last week and then there was a story on Yahoo sports or CBS that talked about the same thing. IF memory serves correct they spoke about the big man presence Orton brings and that PP was all around player but not catching the attention like Orton was with the scouts.
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  OBXWildcat Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:11 pm

I know for a fact that Patrick is leaving. He had planned to make his own announcement with his family and the university jumped the gun which pissed the Patterson's off. He will still leave but is going to drag it out a little.
OBXWildcat
OBXWildcat

Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

http://www.pizzazzpizza.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:44 pm

@ Edge.. Maggard is that you?
Edge, you just wish you had the site and fame Jones does. How is he being exposed??

Anyone know if Wall has signed an agent yet?
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Favorite NFL team: : Da Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:49 am

edgehollow wrote:
Oh, and I love how I'm personally attacked and somehow I'M on a high horse. But you 2 keep stroking each other off and feed your anger for me and Marc. You know if all you haters get in a line in stead of a circle, you can actually close your eyes and pretend you're cross-country skiing...

Ass clown. Nice to see the SECSN tool chest has made its way here....and one of them even got a Mod gig.

Edge
None of this applies to me, as you know. You're the one spewing insults. I never said anything about Maggard. You have no standing to call me a hater. I call them as I see them, without regard to whom.

As far as SECSN goes, I seem to remember that you were always getting into it with everybody else, so that's why I use the 'high horse' comparison.
Fossten
Fossten

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:39 am

Let's be honest....the ONLY reason he would consider coming back is that more than likely he would leave here as UK's ALL Time Leading Scorer!!!
Bho
Bho

Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  edgehollow Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:41 am

SouthernIndianaCatsFan wrote:@ Edge.. Maggard is that you?
Edge, you just wish you had the site and fame Jones does. How is he being exposed??

Yeah, Genius, you figured it out. I'm Marc Maggard....

You didn't have to add "southern Indiana" in your name...the "intelligence" of your post screamed it.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be in Heaven.

If I have to point out the negativity that Jones and his ilk spews on a frequent basis about the team you SUPPOSEDLY love one more time, I'm liable to pull my hair out. You know who follows Jones (and if this gets me banned, so be it)? College kids and idiots.

As I'm pretty damned sure you're not a college kid...

Edge
edgehollow
edgehollow

Back to top Go down

Post  edgehollow Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:43 am

Fossten wrote:
edgehollow wrote:

Edge
None of this applies to me, as you know. You're the one spewing insults. I never said anything about Maggard. You have no standing to call me a hater. I call them as I see them, without regard to whom.

As far as SECSN goes, I seem to remember that you were always getting into it with everybody else, so that's why I use the 'high horse' comparison.

For future reference...telling someone to come off their "high horse" IS an insult.

You can go upstairs and ask your mom, she'll verify.

Edge
edgehollow
edgehollow

Back to top Go down

Post  edgehollow Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 am

OBXWildcat wrote:I know for a fact that Patrick is leaving. He had planned to make his own announcement with his family and the university jumped the gun which pissed the Patterson's off. He will still leave but is going to drag it out a little.

Be careful, you'll upset the apple cart. I guess because Larry Vaught talked to PPat's mom (and Matt Jones stole said info), that means he's staying. UK HAD to announce who's gone so the kids they're recruiting know who will/won't be there.

Contrary to popular belief, theres NO negative in Patterson leaving. He's going to be a great ambassador for the University, and free advertising to High School kids as to what a year with Cal will do for your career.

Edge
edgehollow
edgehollow

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:14 am

Oh geez, here we go again. Who the MOFO cares? I like KSR because it's free. I don't know if I like mag or not, because just like Cats Pause, I'm not paying for POOP I can learn for free, even though it may, or may not, be a day later. But really, who gives a rat's ass.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 am

I like all of you guys, but sometimes you act like a bunch of 6th graders. Don't you talk about my friend-my dad can beat up your dad-my dad is better than your dad. come on guys. we're all adults here. just quit with that POOP and enjoy the coach, the team, and what we're going to be for the next few years. life is too short for that other crap. maybe it's just me. if so, I'll shut up.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  OBXWildcat Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:34 pm

CoachCalbeliever wrote:Oh geez, here we go again. Who the MOFO cares? I like KSR because it's free. I don't know if I like mag or not, because just like Cats Pause, I'm not paying for POOP I can learn for free, even though it may, or may not, be a day later. But really, who gives a rat's ass.
I will hit them all looking for information but Maggard seems very juvenile. He goes out of his way to degrade everything Matt Jones does and it is a big turn-off. I think he probably has some good pay-for info but I would never pony up the cash to someone who behaves the way he does. If your site is the best then it will play out that way but there is no need to constantly bash another. Aren't we all UK fans anyway?
OBXWildcat
OBXWildcat

Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

http://www.pizzazzpizza.net

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:05 pm

CoachCalbeliever wrote:I like all of you guys, but sometimes you act like a bunch of 6th graders. Don't you talk about my friend-my dad can beat up your dad-my dad is better than your dad. come on guys. we're all adults here. just quit with that POOP and enjoy the coach, the team, and what we're going to be for the next few years. life is too short for that other crap. maybe it's just me. if so, I'll shut up.

I 2nd this motion. This is some of the dumbest POOP I've ever seen argued over.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:38 pm

edgehollow wrote:
SouthernIndianaCatsFan wrote:@ Edge.. Maggard is that you?

Yeah, Genius, you figured it out. I'm Marc Maggard....

You didn't have to add "southern Indiana" in your name...the "intelligence" of your post screamed it.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be in Heaven.

If I have to point out the negativity that Jones and his ilk spews on a frequent basis about the team you SUPPOSEDLY love one more time, I'm liable to pull my hair out. You know who follows Jones (and if this gets me banned, so be it)? College kids and idiots.

As I'm pretty damned sure you're not a college kid...

Edge

Nice try dickhead I am a college kid, and I'd say my 3.5 gpa shows I'm decently intelligent. Genius. You would think that the picture would prove that I'm in college. Were you even smart enough to go to college? If you were good for, but I'm guessing you didn't get out much, and sat in your damn dorm room with your thumb up your ass. I can tell by you avatar your big ass didn't get out much?

You wanna talk intelligence and you're from Radcliff, Kentucky..........

Supposedly the team I love? You're a screwing dbag. I've been around on this site and on SECSN just aslong as you were.

If you read, and you can readn can't you? Maggard spews the same negativity that Jones does. They all do it.

Last edited by SouthernIndianaCatsFan on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:40 pm

CoachCalbeliever wrote:I like all of you guys, but sometimes you act like a bunch of 6th graders. Don't you talk about my friend-my dad can beat up your dad-my dad is better than your dad. come on guys. we're all adults here. just quit with that POOP and enjoy the coach, the team, and what we're going to be for the next few years. life is too short for that other crap. maybe it's just me. if so, I'll shut up.
Sorry, Edge's IQ isn't much more than a 6th graders...
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Back to top Go down

Post  ukfreak00 Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:25 pm

SouthernIndianaCatsFan wrote: You would think that the picture would prove that I'm in college.

You up for a friendly cash game? geek
ukfreak00
ukfreak00

Favorite NFL team: : Cleveland Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Blue Nation Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Here Here, I third the motion.
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:16 pm

ukfreak00 wrote:
SouthernIndianaCatsFan wrote: You would think that the picture would prove that I'm in college.

Haha yea I'd be down.
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Back to top Go down

Post  ukfreak00 Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:59 pm

SouthernIndianaCatsFan wrote:
ukfreak00 wrote:

Haha yea I'd be down.

I play all the time. Leaving for Cleveland this weekend for a tournament, actually.

Just went to Michigan two weekends ago for a tournament.

Going to Atlantic City in June.

Going to Vegas in January.
ukfreak00
ukfreak00

Favorite NFL team: : Cleveland Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:00 pm

ukfreak00 wrote:
SouthernIndianaCatsFan wrote:
ukfreak00 wrote:

Haha yea I'd be down.

I play all the time. Leaving for Cleveland this weekend for a tournament, actually.

Just went to Michigan two weekends ago for a tournament.

Going to Atlantic City in June.

Going to Vegas in January.
How do you get into pong tournaments?
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next