BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the fairweather fans don't understand.

4 posters

Go down

What the fairweather fans don't understand. Empty What the fairweather fans don't understand.

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:35 am

Do people really not understand how hard it is for a college to win a national championship?

Look at the long history of UK Basketball. The program has been around for over a hundred years. People can't really process how long of a time that is. And in that century of basketball, UK has won seven national titles, and are SECOND in that ranking. Anyone wanna do some ratios, probabilities and percentages on a number like that? Years of existence, seven national titles. Can people not register this?

If championships were easy to come by a program like UK would have scores more than seven, as would programs like UCLA, Kansas, et. al.

I just can't understand how people can't realize this. There are always going to be teams that "should" win the the championship. That goes for all sports. Shouldn't the Lakers have beaten the Pistons a few years ago? Shouldn't Indy have beaten the Saints?

When you play in a one and done format, anything can happen on a given night. I'm honestly dumbfounded that people are jumping ship because Cal brought the Big Blue back to the top. I guess in the next few years if UK does win a title, we'll see you back around, but I hope not. Stay gone, you won't be missed.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

What the fairweather fans don't understand. Empty Re: What the fairweather fans don't understand.

Post  Carolina Kat Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:44 am

Maineiac,

I totally agree. Very well said.

I posted a column by John Clay tonight of the Herald-Leader. It's listed in the UK Basketball Announcements as, "PAINFUL DEFEAT ENDS SEASON OF MAJOR VICTORIES".

He didn't mention the 2,000 Victories this season I don't believe but he had some great things to point out.

Like anyone and the team, I would have loved to win the title. But all things as they are, after one year to the date we fired Billy Clyde, I would have never guessed that we would have a chance to go to the NCAA Final Four.

Even with Cal announced as a head coach, it's still hard to fathom that we got this far this quick. There's always going to be those sour grapes out there but hopefully by Sunday morning, the sun will come back up and some of the alcohol will have faded away into a major headache and perhaps a bit more sanity by mid afternoon.

We'll still be disappointed, but maybe not as stupid in our quick reasoning.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

What the fairweather fans don't understand. Empty Re: What the fairweather fans don't understand.

Post  Wildcat Fanatic Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:47 am

Oh, you mean like a person who just up and decides to pull for UK when they were winning in the 90's. Then is a casual fan for few years, then when we sink to our lowest(NIT) cheers for us to lose games. Then turns around and is all Mr Happy cause we're winning again and steamrolling in the tourney, then we hit a wall and lost in the elite 8. Now said fan is mad and turning in the blue and colors for greener pastures I'm sure. To all the fans who hid their UK gear when we were less than title contenders, to all of you who would not support the team when Tubby was here, for all of you who jumped ship after last years fiasco, and all of you who are throwing our kids and coach under the bus because we didn't win it all this year, please please please do myself and the rest of the die hard fans a favor, move to Louisville and cheer for them cause ya'll would fit right it with the fair weatherest fans in all of college sports. With that I bid you adieu.
Wildcat Fanatic
Wildcat Fanatic

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Baltimore Ravens

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:54 am

This year was quite a success and I'll be honest at the start of the year I didn't think we'd make it this far, but we did. Losing is always a hard pill to swallow but we move on after the disappointment goes away and it makes the journey for next year to be made to look forward to even more. Cheers to Cal and the Cats for doing their best even though they came up short.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down