BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the SEC unfairly penalized for Florida being so good?

3 posters

Go down

Is the SEC unfairly penalized for Florida being so good? Empty Is the SEC unfairly penalized for Florida being so good?

Post  jagators Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:11 am

The SEC seemed to get a raw deal in the tournament selection other than the Gators obviously. Kentucky loses to the overall #1 seed by one point and they get an eight? Tennessee leads them by 10 late in the half and has the game tied at 49 with 2:30 to go and they have to go to Dayton for a first round game? And nobody else even gets in?
Let's suppose Florida would have been 14-4 in the SEC instead of 18-0. They would still be 28-6 overall and would have won the SEC regualr season and SEC Tournament. That was good enough to get UVa a one seed.

Let's ay those four losses would have been to Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas and Georgia. Add another top seed win to those four teams resumes and how do they look? Would Florida be any less of a threat to go all the way? Not really. Their 2006 NCAA Championship team was 10-6 in the SEC. The 2007 teams went 13-3. Put a UF win on Uk's resume and what do you seed them then? Kansas has one more loss than Kentucky and they are a two. I know they won the Big 12 regualr season but shouldn't UK be at least a five if they had a win over the Gators? And how about Tennessee? they beat a one seed by 35 points in UVa and another won over a one would have to put them at around seven or eight I would think. Plus Arkansas is a one seed in the NIT. A win over the Gators likely gets them in. And Georgia is a two in the NIT. Had they beat Florida, who knows? Maybe they are in Dayton.
So my question is, are the other teams in the SEC being penalized for being in the same conference with the overall number one seed? If there was a dominant team like Florida in the Big 12, PAC 12, ACC, or Big Ten, how many teams get in from those conferences?

jagators

Back to top Go down

Is the SEC unfairly penalized for Florida being so good? Empty Re: Is the SEC unfairly penalized for Florida being so good?

Post  Blue Dude Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:58 am

At first, I was pissed at UK's 8 seed because I thought we were good enough for a 6, at the least, especially turning the season around in Atlanta. Then I took some time to think about it and I don't mind our 8 seed. If we can win against K-State, I'd love a crack at Wichita State and shut them up in the round of 32. I'm just mad they didn't give us Gonzaga as our 9, or make us a 9 and them the 8 so we can shut them the hell up too. Gonzaga was FINALLY seeded right.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Is the SEC unfairly penalized for Florida being so good? Empty Re: Is the SEC unfairly penalized for Florida being so good?

Post  jagator Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:20 pm

But what if you are Arkansas. They took us to OT. They don't get any credit for that?
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down