BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calipari Has "Heart To Heart" With Cats

3 posters

Go down

Calipari Has "Heart To Heart" With Cats   Empty Calipari Has "Heart To Heart" With Cats

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:48 am

Calipari Has "Heart To Heart" With Cats

Posted: Jan 2, 2012 5:49 PM by Brent Carney

John Calipari wants his young team to understand that improved offensive execution begins with strengthened friendships among teammates. To try to get the point across, he had a "heart to heart" conversation with the team in the days following its win over Louisville.

"Like I told them when I was done, you all like that Cal keeps it real, until I keep it real with you. Then you don't like it so much. And I kept it real with just about everybody in the room and I didn't even have to raise a voice," Calipari said.

The focus of the conversation was about playing together, especially on offense. According to Calipari, too often players are diverting from a set play to try to freelance on their own, including on the first play of the game against Louisville.

"You have to understand, we went through it the day before, we went through it at the shootaround, we talked about it prior to the game, we talked about it when we walked out, I put it on the board and the dude walked out and didn't do it," Calipari said.

Calipari wants his team to understand that like a football team, if one player is out of position, the play will likely fail.

"If you line up with eleven guys and there's one guy out of whack it's like, ‘Whoa! Go where you're supposed to go!" he said. "It's no different in basketball."

And in Calipari's world, a player choosing to do his own thing doesn't simply make him a bad teammate.

"You're not a true friend," he said. "You're not thinking I got to do my job for my team. And that's where we're trying to get these guys that there's a sense of responsibility that you have for these other guys."
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Calipari Has "Heart To Heart" With Cats   Empty Re: Calipari Has "Heart To Heart" With Cats

Post  MULECHOPS Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:57 am

He is the TRUE GENERAL who is that Knight guy? bully not a General!!!!!!
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Calipari Has "Heart To Heart" With Cats   Empty Re: Calipari Has "Heart To Heart" With Cats

Post  Californication Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 am

"LOL. I doubt Cal gets bent out of shape when someone says, "What's up Cal?"
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down