BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USC's Horn Loses Second Player This Week

Go down

USC's Horn Loses Second Player This Week Empty USC's Horn Loses Second Player This Week

Post  Carolina Kat Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Think This Might Start Being Some Handwriting On The Wall For Horn. I Would Think If He Doesn't Produce Something Substantial Next Season, He Might Be Looking For a New Job...

USC basketball team losing another player

Posted: 03/25/2011 12:06 PM

COLUMBIA -- Already limping from Ramon Galloway’s transfer and Bruce Ellington’s decision to split time playing football, South Carolina’s basketball program took another blow this week with Murphy Holloway’s choice to leave the program.

Gamecocks coach Darrin Horn said this morning Holloway, the Irmo native who transferred from Mississippi to USC a year ago, will attempt to return to Ole Miss.
The 6-7 forward, who figured to give the Gamecocks SEC experience and an inside presence next season, told Horn on Wednesday that he was not happy at USC.

“It’s the biggest ton of bricks I’ve had dropped on me,” Horn said.

Galloway, unhappy with the way his role on the team, told Horn on Monday he would transfer. Ellington, the team’s leading scorer this past season, informed Horn on Monday that he was interested in playing football, in addition to basketball.

“This is the most challenging week I’ve had in 15 years of coaching,” Horn said.

South Carolina went 14-16 this past season, missing the postseason altogether for the second consecutive season. Horn is 50-41 in three seasons after leaving his alma mater, Western Kentucky, after a Sweet 16 run.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down