BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s official: Rick Minter is your new co-defensive coordinator

4 posters

Go down

It’s official: Rick Minter is your new co-defensive coordinator Empty It’s official: Rick Minter is your new co-defensive coordinator

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:45 pm

It’s official: Rick Minter is your new co-defensive coordinator

by Thomas Beisner @ 1:13 pm. Filed under Blue Blooded Opinions

UK just released an announcement welcoming former Cincinnati head coach Rick Minter as a co-defensive coordinator under Joker Phillips. The release says that Joker and Minter became friends while the current head UK head coach served on his new subordinate’s staff at UC, first as a wide receivers coach and then as a defensive backs coach. In a bit of “did you know” trivia that you can surely use to impress your friends, it says that Minter is one of “one of the most respected defensive minds in football” and had Rex Ryan, John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin and Jimbo Fisher on his staff at Cincinnati.

Here is what Joker said:

“Rick is a tough, hard-nosed defensive coordinator who has put together outstanding defenses at numerous schools,” Phillips said. “When I worked with him at Cincinnati, Rick had great knowledge of both sides of the ball. He does a great job of communicating with players and putting them in position to make plays.”

And now Randy Shannon is just stuck with that horse farm and your brother’s co-worker’s cousin has some explaining to do.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

It’s official: Rick Minter is your new co-defensive coordinator Empty Re: It’s official: Rick Minter is your new co-defensive coordinator

Post  house kat Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:34 pm

I doubt two defensive coordinators will last long. Steve Brown will leave, which is what the joker wants. Didn't want to fire him.

house kat

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Cleveland Browns (No Laughing)

Back to top Go down

It’s official: Rick Minter is your new co-defensive coordinator Empty Re: It’s official: Rick Minter is your new co-defensive coordinator

Post  Big Blue Nation Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:49 pm

house kat wrote:I doubt two defensive coordinators will last long. Steve Brown will leave, which is what the joker wants. Didn't want to fire him.

I agree, I speculate that the deal with Brown is that this gives him time to look for a new job, while still drawing a paycheck.
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Maybe I am wrong, but if Brown leaves or stays I don't see how this guy is an improvement.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:33 am

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:Maybe I am wrong, but if Brown leaves or stays I don't see how this guy is an improvement.

I agree.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down