BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Coordinator New Vandy Coach

2 posters

Go down

Maryland Coordinator New Vandy Coach Empty Maryland Coordinator New Vandy Coach

Post  Carolina Kat Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 am

Updated: December 14, 2010, 8:47 PM ET

Vanderbilt: No new coach just yet

ESPN.com news services

Maryland offensive coordinator James Franklin told the school he plans to accept an offer to become Vanderbilt's head coach, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad.

Vanderbilt vice chancellor David Williams told The Associated Press on Tuesday evening, however, that while the two sides have been in discussions about the opening, Franklin has not yet informed university officials that he has accepted the job.

"I'm anticipating [Franklin being hired]," Maryland head coach Ralph Friedgen told ESPN.com on Tuesday night. "I talked to him this morning, but it hadn't been finalized.
Life goes on. I wish him the best of luck. I think he did a great job for us. I congratulated him. I've got to see what the fallout is and go from there."

Were he to remain at Maryland, Franklin would be owed $1 million if he were not named the Terrapins' head coach by January 2012.

Franklin has been Maryland's offensive coordinator and play-caller the past three seasons.

A source told ESPN.com on Monday that the Commodores had pursued Auburn Tigers offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, who ultimately decided to stay with the Tigers.

Malzahn was making $500,000 under his old contract and will more than double that with a new multiyear deal offered by Auburn, which will pay him in the range of $1.3 million per year, the source said.

Vanderbilt is trying to replace Robbie Caldwell, who was forced to resign Nov. 27 at the end of a 2-10 season.

ESPN.com's Heather Dinich and Chris Low contributed to this report. Information from The Associated Press was also used in this report.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Maryland Coordinator New Vandy Coach Empty Re: Maryland Coordinator New Vandy Coach

Post  Bernard King Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Can you say career killer? Vandy has no intentions of ever putting forth the effort to try and improve their program. They're simply the parasites of SEC football.

Bernard King

Back to top Go down