BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emmit forgot Florida

Go down

Emmit forgot Florida Empty Emmit forgot Florida

Post  MULECHOPS Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:38 am

Emmitt Smith apologizes to Florida fans for HOF speech snub

The Dallas Morning News

Emmitt Smith might have made Cowboys fans proud during his Saturday night Hall of Fame acceptance speech, but he angered fans of his alma mater.

Florida fans and members of the media scoffed when Smith didn't mention Gator Nation in his 21-minute speech.

Ethan Skolnick of the Sun-Sentinel newspaper wrote: "The snub made news on Twitter, with UF students and alumni expressing their disappointment and confusion. Smith, after all, is in the Gators' Ring of Honor, though he didn't show up for that ceremony. And current Gators coach Urban Meyer was in attendance Saturday night. I don't have many inside connections at Florida, but a few media friends of mine do. And their strong suspicion, based on some recent circumstances, is that the snub was due to Smith's strained relationship with Florida AD Jeremy Foley."

On Sunday, Emmitt wrote on his Twitter account: "I sincerely sincerely apologize for not mentioning u last night in my hof speech Gator Nation."

MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down