BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Orton Wishes He Were a Kansas Jayhawk

5 posters

Go down

Daniel Orton Wishes He Were a Kansas Jayhawk Empty Daniel Orton Wishes He Were a Kansas Jayhawk

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:26 pm

Daniel Orton Wishes He Were a Kansas Jayhawk

As Daniel Orton's NBA Draft stock continues to plummet (one Western Conference executive compared Orton in the draft to "one of those anvils falling in a cartoon"), Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that Orton told NBA front offices that he wishes he would have attended KU rather than UK.

Here is an excerpt from Wojnarowski's article:

Orton played one season at Kentucky, where he averaged just 13 minutes and 3.4 points behind DeMarcus Cousins. He left on relatively poor terms with coach John Calipari, and even told front offices in the predraft process that he wished he had chosen Kansas over Kentucky. Despite the belief he would be represented by agent Raymond Brothers, Orton hasn’t used him. He’s gone without an agent, using his family and former NBA coach Bob Hill to guide him through the process. That’s been a disastrous choice for him.

It has been such a disastrous choice that Orton is in danger of falling completely out of the first round:

“It’s a perfect storm of stuff happening with him – the knee, the conditioning, the stuff going on around him,” one Eastern Conference personnel director said. “I think he drops right out of the first [round].”

This is a terrible situation for Orton, who continues to seemingly make all the wrong decisions. From the decision to leave Lexington and go to Twitter to announce his academic prowess (just before quitting school mid-semester) to not hiring an agent...one has to wonder exactly who is in charge of the Orton camp.

I don't see him dropping that far, but if he does fall out of the first round completely it will be a disaster for the former Wildcat.
at 3:48 PM 0 comments
Labels: Daniel Orton, Kentucky Wildcats, NBA, NCAA, SEC

http://www.allkyhoops.com/
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Daniel Orton Wishes He Were a Kansas Jayhawk Empty Re: Daniel Orton Wishes He Were a Kansas Jayhawk

Post  sohsdragon Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:39 pm

When you do it your way, you need to at least know what you're doing.

I rarely have the "F HIM" attitude, but Dan's kinda pushing me a tad. I still have a large part of me wanting him to right the boat and bounce back...
sohsdragon
sohsdragon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky

Back to top Go down

Daniel Orton Wishes He Were a Kansas Jayhawk Empty Re: Daniel Orton Wishes He Were a Kansas Jayhawk

Post  MULECHOPS Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:25 am

I wish the worst of luck for the non contributing POSER! Suspect
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Sounds like the kid just doesn't know what he wants and continues to make bad decisions. Welcome to the real world.
As I tell my kids, "Life isn't fair. Deal with it".
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:51 pm

I didn't see it quoted that Orton said that, so until he is quoted saying he wished he had gone to KU I will not bash him....Something tells me that what he said may have gotten twisted, I'm thinking he said something more on the lines of "I wish I had stayed at UK"...sounds a lot like "played at KU"

Does anyone have any other details about exactly how bad of terms he left UK on....I know he supposedly left without finishing the term which hurt the Cats, but don't remember any of that being confirmed.
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down