BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on with the Kidd thing?

4 posters

Go down

What's going on with the Kidd thing?  Empty What's going on with the Kidd thing?

Post  MULECHOPS Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Just asking; I love this "kid's" play, But when did this happen? The middle name being mentioned. Every thing I had read about him just said Michael Gilchrist. Until he hit the floor at UK.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

What's going on with the Kidd thing?  Empty Re: What's going on with the Kidd thing?

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:46 am

Michael Gilchrist Changes His Name

by David Cassilo / @dcassilo

McDonald’s All-American Michael Gilchrist will go by Michael Kidd-Gilchrist when he plays his first game for Kentucky this season. The name change is to honor his father, Michael Gilchrist Sr., and his uncle, Darrin Kidd, both of whom are deceased. Kidd-Gilchrist (which he will be known by here from now on) announced the change on his Twitter:

Im Happy! Just got cleared my name is Mike Kidd-Gilchrist repping my Father & My uncle.

Kidd-Gilchrist’s father was killed in 1996. His uncle died the day Kidd-Gilchrist was ready to sign his Letter of Intent. His nephew tried to save his life by attempting CPR on him that day.

Now with a new name, Kidd-Gilchrist will join a highly-touted recruiting class at Kentucky next season that also features Anthony Davis, Marquis Teague and Kyle Wiltjer.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What's going on with the Kidd thing?  Empty Re: What's going on with the Kidd thing?

Post  MULECHOPS Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:07 pm

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:Michael Gilchrist Changes His Name

by David Cassilo / @dcassilo

McDonald’s All-American Michael Gilchrist will go by Michael Kidd-Gilchrist when he plays his first game for Kentucky this season. The name change is to honor his father, Michael Gilchrist Sr., and his uncle, Darrin Kidd, both of whom are deceased. Kidd-Gilchrist (which he will be known by here from now on) announced the change on his Twitter:

Im Happy! Just got cleared my name is Mike Kidd-Gilchrist repping my Father & My uncle.

Kidd-Gilchrist’s father was killed in 1996. His uncle died the day Kidd-Gilchrist was ready to sign his Letter of Intent. His nephew tried to save his life by attempting CPR on him that day.

Now with a new name, Kidd-Gilchrist will join a highly-touted recruiting class at Kentucky next season that also features Anthony Davis, Marquis Teague and Kyle Wiltjer.
Thanks man.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Was wondering the same. Thanks for the answer.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Yeah I was wondering too and thanks for the heads up.
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down