BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you support a change in conference

+3
Californication
Blue Dude
Big Blue Nation
7 posters

Go down

Would you support a change in conference Empty Would you support a change in conference

Post  Big Blue Nation Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 pm

I was listening to the Afternoon Underdogs the other day and they were discussing was it time for UK to change conferences. Their reasoning was that the SEC is so tough in football, and it appears that UK does not want to spend the money necessary to build a top SEC team, and the basketball team dominates the league so much. They mentioned and I kind of agree that the ACC would be a good match. What do you all think?

Last edited by Big Blue Nation on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Would you support a change in conference Empty Re: Would you support a change in conference

Post  Blue Dude Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing us play Duke a bit more and might as well seeing as they've played UNC every year for the last 7-8 or so years.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Would you support a change in conference Empty Re: Would you support a change in conference

Post  Californication Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 pm

I have mixed emotions on this one. I'd love to play in the ACC, but the traditionalist in me says we should always be in the SEC. I wouldn't be upset either way.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:51 pm

I say stay in the SEC.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Only real teams that dominate in the ACC is mostly Duke and North Carolina, Florida won back to back championships in the SEC. And last year Miss ST gave us a hell of game in the SEC championship game. It might help us in football but basketball I don't see how it would really help much.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:43 pm

I say stay in the SEC but for heaven's sake invest in the football program. I recently heard Matt Jones say Commonwealth Stadium isn't structurally sound and can't be remodeled or expanded. With Rupp Arena also on it's last legs, I say build a build a facility for both Football & Basketball. But, building the football program starts with a coach and I'm not sure Joker is the guy. We need to find someone who can recruit some blue chippers from Florida, alot like Charlie Strong at Louisville.
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:36 am

Joker has one of the strongest classes in UK history coming in next year. His recruiting is his strength. Time will tell how good a head coach he will prove to be. I'm not sure after this first year. But, his recruiting is better than we've ever had. I'd kill for them to hire a Spurrier or someone along that line. I'm not sure someone along that line would ever take the job.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:11 am

I might get Screw for this, but I could care less about the football team and what its needs are. Of course I want the guys to do good and be successful, but I'll always want the basketball team put above everything else. Switching to the ACC just so UK doesn't get embarrassed on the football field isn't appealing.

*edit* lol, I wrote (F-lack) and it gets changed to Screw. Weird.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:19 am

You have no worry as far as the basketball team being put first. I'd love to see them put more into the football program. They have a great following. UK could be much better in football with some more money, and boosters would provide it if asked. I just know if a big-time coach would take a chance given the history. Bear got a watch and Rupp got a car. It has been that way pretty much since then.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Blue Nation Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Basketball will always be first at UK, but I would just like to see us put forth an effort in football. If we stay in the SEC we need to invest money for better facilities, for the best coordinators that we can find. We need to be able to attract top talent to the football team. That is what it will take to compete in the football juggernaut that we call the SEC.
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down