BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cal philosophy: Under sell/over deliver

2 posters

Go down

Cal philosophy: Under sell/over deliver Empty Cal philosophy: Under sell/over deliver

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:29 am

Cal philosophy: Under sell/over deliver
BY Tipton

During an appearance at the University of Kentucky’s Academics-Athletics Forum on Tuesday, basketball coach John Calipari shared his basic philosophy.

“Under sell, over deliver,” he said to a campus audience of 68, counting media members in attendance. “I’ll have to do a little bit of that this year.”

Calipari suggested that UK’s schedule this coming season will make it difficult to over deliver. If the Cats play Michigan State in the EA Sports Maui Invitational, the team will face the nation’s toughest schedule, he said.

“Last year, we scheduled for the No. 1 seed (in the NCAA Tournament),” Calipari said. “Now I kind of screwed up a little bit. I over-scheduled. We’ll lose some games early.

“We probably need to get them to grow up. This team needs to get knocked around. Last year, we needed to learn to play together.”

BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cal philosophy: Under sell/over deliver Empty Re: Cal philosophy: Under sell/over deliver

Post  stuckinknoxville Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:13 pm

He's underselling a little in this article. If Kanter plays there's no telling how good they can be. He's a master of understating their abilities.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down