BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calipari Still "Coaching" The Draft Cats

Go down

Calipari Still "Coaching" The Draft Cats Empty Calipari Still "Coaching" The Draft Cats

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Calipari Still "Coaching" The Draft Cats
John Calipari is still "coaching" and guiding the five former Wildcats headed to the NBA draft.

He said on his website, CoachCal.com, that he's spent the last few days helping out all five of his former players with phone calls to them and to NBA executives interested in potentially drafting those players.

Cal said he just spoke with Eric Bledsoe.

"I told Eric if he wanted me to fly to meet him in LA on Monday (for a scheduled workout), I would," said Coach Cal. "I told him to step it up, to show everyone what we saw in every practice and every game. I said, 'I want you to start mauling people defensively, you be the pit bull that you are.'"

Calipari also said he's trying to set the record straight with teams about Demarcus Cousins.

"Listen, I coached DeMarcus like he was my son," Calipari said. "He is one of the most intelligent young men, I've coached. When you look at him from a distance, it is a totally different picture than you would have if you were next to him like I was."

"Any NBA team that passes on him, in all likelihood, will look back and want to slap themselves."

Coach Cal also said he has been active on the phone on behalf of Daniel Orton to make sure NBA people understand just how good a person and a player he is. Calipari has said over and over that Daniel is going to be an outstanding pro player.

"And," Cal said, "because of his size, there isn't a whole lot of risk in drafting him.

Cal said he has also spoken with Patrick Patterson's trainer, who says Patterson is looking every bit the part of a lottery pick.

On Friday night, Cal spoke with John Wall.

"I was talking to John and we were kind of in shock at how we could make history if we have five guys go in the first round," Coach Cal said. "It's amazing when you think about it - what an incredible foundation they set for us and the UK program."

"His last words to me? 'I love you Coach,'" he said.

http://www.lex18.com/news/calipari-still-coaching-the-draft-cats
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down