BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diggs Of CJ Updates Bledsoe Story

Go down

Diggs Of CJ Updates Bledsoe Story Empty Diggs Of CJ Updates Bledsoe Story

Post  Carolina Kat Sat May 29, 2010 4:59 am

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Late night update on Bledsoe story

Chris Diggs, Courier Journal, UK Fan Blog

I have done some digging and have found out that in the state of Alabama, if you retake a class, either at night or during the summer, the grade you receive there is what is counted toward your cumulative GPA.

That was further verified by an ESPN.com story which makes things look slightly better (my opinion only) for Kentucky. Here are some quotes from the story.

Though coaches projected Bledsoe as a non-qualifier entering his final year, he performed markedly better in the classroom as a senior with a college basketball scholarship on the line, taking a heavier workload that included a night school class and an online course to improve an earlier grade.

This reminds me a little bit of the Michael Oher story. He had poor grades but people pushed him late to get the grades he needed to get to college. The NCAA also looked into him.

High school and college administrators questioned about Bledsoe's turnaround told ESPN.com that it's not unusual for athletes to show far more attention to academics and requirements to attain eligibility late in their high school careers. That awareness is said to include online and night classes, both of which Bledsoe took advantage of.

It seems like Bledsoe was at least trying to take the steps necessary to give himself a chance.

I say let this thing play out. I really think there is less to this story than the original story may be portraying. Add to the fact that the ESPN story said Bledsoe WOULD have been eligible for his sophomore year if he would have returned and I feel a little more comfortable.

I think this is a story, as of now, and if I am wrong, I will admit it, where someone is trying to find something big to stick to Calipari. I honestly don't think there is anything there.

We shall see though.

posted by Chris Diggs at 12:34 AM

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down