BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ed Davender Pleads Guilty

4 posters

Go down

Ed Davender Pleads Guilty Empty Ed Davender Pleads Guilty

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sat May 15, 2010 4:57 am

Ed Davender Pleads Guilty

by Matt Jones @ 11:11 pm. Filed under Blue Blooded Opinions

Late on Friday night as we all await the results of the Eloy Vargas visit (Rivals.com says UK is the “team to beat” for his services) and the one piece of news isnt positive. Today Ed Davender pled guilty to 22 counts of fraud concerning ticket sales in the past. Davender will be sentenced in July, and as of now, there is no indication as to what time he may end up getting.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ed Davender Pleads Guilty Empty Re: Ed Davender Pleads Guilty

Post  MULECHOPS Sun May 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Dag nab it I liked Davender too! Now he can suck a left testicle! geek
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Mon May 17, 2010 1:02 am

For my own personal reasons, Davender is a piece of POOP and hope he ruins his life instead of others.
Bho
Bho

Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey Mon May 17, 2010 2:52 am

Bho wrote:For my own personal reasons, Davender is a piece of POOP and hope he ruins his life instead of others.

See thats a story I want to read.
Mikey
Mikey

Favorite NFL team: : Bengals

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Mon May 17, 2010 11:31 am

I've told that story many times. I will post it on here when I have time. It is a long one, but that man is a piece of POOP.
Bho
Bho

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 pm

Ok, here it is. I met Ed through my work. He was a customer and came in every Friday. He was always very nice and friendly. Late in the season, he offered up a pair of tickets to the UK vs. South Carolina game for my service. He told me to call him on gameday and he would tell me where to meet him to pick them up. So game day rolls around and I call Ed. I get no answer. He called back and said he was on his way down there and he would call me back. So my buddy and I went to get a bite to eat about 2 hours before the game. Well we eat and still no call. We ate around the corner from Rupp so we weren't to worried about it. Well needless to say we never moved and watched the game at the restaurant. After the game Ed called from a different number and said his cell had gone dead and he was sorry. Ok, no big deal.

Then the real fun begins. After the season and before Cal was hired he came to me and said he had two pairs of season tickets that he was going to sell me for $800 per pair. I said done. I wrote him a check and he gave me the invoice from UK. Now to answer a few questions you might have. Yes, I knew it was early but I figured hell, at that price I can't bitch. It was enough of a worry to keep a paper trail. Let me also say this, Ed and I were talking on the phone almost every day. We went to eat and watch some basketball and so forth. After Cal was hired he came by the bank and said one of his buddies out of town and was buying another set of tickets he had. He said he had to get the money today and that if I fronted it, I would have it back two days later and he was going to take my wife and I to the former players meet and greet with Cal. OK, no big deal. So two days passes and I received no money. I called him and he said he would give it to me Thursday when we went to the meet and greet. Ok, sounds good. Thursday came and we were told to meet him at the Craft center. My wife and I got dressed up and got in the car. On the way down there Ed called and said Cal had something come up and they had to reschedule. I asked him about the money and he said he would see me Friday. Fast Forward 5 months and I still don't have my money. So I am heading home from work one day and he says he is getting his car worked on at a local dealer and he would bring it by afterwards. I said no, I was coming to him. He had some excuse about it almost being done, and he was had to get on the road. What he didn't know is that my dad has been in the car business over 30 years and the manager and my dad were good friends. I called him and asked if he had Ed's car. He said yes and I said I'm on my way don't give it back until I get there. He said no problem. I get there and Ed comes out and gives me $800 dollars (btw he was high as hell, the first time I ever suspected drug use).

The next thing I know Ed has been arrested. I called the police and added my name to the list of people and turned over the evidence. Ed continued to call me daily to tell me that I was getting my four tickets no matter what. Then I see that his attorney is one of my good friends. I told him the story he said Ed had no tickets and to cooperate with Police. He then said he was recusing himself because of my situation. Well in the end the police basically told me that my $1600 wasn't as important as some of the other people that gave up $5000 and more. I have been told I will receive none of my money back. So when I say Ed is a piece of POOP, I'm not kidding.
Bho
Bho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down