BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY CAN'T WE PUT AWAY TEAMS???

+4
AddctdGmbler
Fossten
UK Maine-Iac
cryptkeeper
8 posters

Go down

WHY CAN'T WE PUT AWAY TEAMS??? Empty WHY CAN'T WE PUT AWAY TEAMS???

Post  cryptkeeper Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:03 am

By no means am I complaining. I don't care about anything other than the "W". But I thought I would throw out the question because if this team does have any weakness, this would have to be IT.

I think we can't put a team away because Coach Cal doesn't want to, YET! If these guys got use to blowing out teams then it would not help them in games that should be close...Coach Cal has the Cats playing for a CHAMPIONSHIP, not a perfect season.

That's one of my theories....what's everyone else got???
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

WHY CAN'T WE PUT AWAY TEAMS??? Empty Re: WHY CAN'T WE PUT AWAY TEAMS???

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am

If I was Cal, I would have been throwing stuff in the locker room after the game. These guys could run away on teams if they wanted to, but they get too complacent, and sometimes, just absolutely retarded.

Walls looks bored. I don't know what's been up with him the last few games.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:55 am

Teams still shoot a million threes against us. Until we stop that, we'll be having close games.

By the way, it's no shame to have close games in this league.

Anybody see Texas almost lose to A&M today?
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  AddctdGmbler Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:18 am

It was odd that Texas A&M at Texas in OT 67-72.

Kentucky at Auburn 72-67. I say Texas should drop to #2 and we move up to #1! bounce
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Favorite College team: : Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:30 am

Auburn was hitting everything, If we could hit some free throws would have won by more.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:34 am

I officially don't like the guy who cried and slapped the floor when he got blocked, or the guy who flexed after yelling while doing a put back with no one around him.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  jboler Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Players should anticipate a long week of practice...

jboler

Back to top Go down

Post  OBXWildcat Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:59 pm

I wish we could put away teams a little better but it is probably better for our players to learn how to win tight games coming down the stretch. I doubt that Cal does that on purpose, but only he knows. However, I can say that most years when teams have crept back in on us I would get very tense and worried. I have yet to get worried about this team during games. It's almost like you can see that they are in control and are going to win. I sure hope that continues.
OBXWildcat
OBXWildcat

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

http://www.pizzazzpizza.net

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:27 pm

OBXWildcat wrote:I wish we could put away teams a little better but it is probably better for our players to learn how to win tight games coming down the stretch. I doubt that Cal does that on purpose, but only he knows. However, I can say that most years when teams have crept back in on us I would get very tense and worried. I have yet to get worried about this team during games. It's almost like you can see that they are in control and are going to win. I sure hope that continues.

I agree!!!
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  CandyinKy Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:28 pm

OBXWildcat wrote:I wish we could put away teams a little better but it is probably better for our players to learn how to win tight games coming down the stretch. I doubt that Cal does that on purpose, but only he knows. However, I can say that most years when teams have crept back in on us I would get very tense and worried. I have yet to get worried about this team during games. It's almost like you can see that they are in control and are going to win. I sure hope that continues.

It scares the hell outta me. I can see us losing a couple here or there if we dont start putting them away when we have a 15 pt lead.I think Cal spoke of this "no fear" thing when he spoke of how the team reacted. No sense of urgency. Not that a loss would kill Sad us but just as they have to learn to play in close games they gotta learn to put it away and quit fooling around and letting teams back in the game. Im sure it will come. Each game I see them getting better at something. Im always impressed by this team!

As for someone saying above they dunno whats wrong with wall that he looks bored or something.... hmmm well I think its probably not boredom. In the fla. game he was being reversed with bledsoe so it looked different without John Wall leading the game. I seen david scott type in the chat at coachcal.com game day chat also that at that time JW had not been looking himself in practice either as if to say he'd not been feeling well. Maybe hes had a few of these sicknesses that are going around. Other than that I think hes just been practicing and playing different roles on the team and hes just doing what he needs to do and playing where needed most. I think he plays team ball too and if that means he takes a few less shots and someone else gets more thats ok with him too as long as they win. Remeber all eyes are always on JW. Others can get wide open space to the basket when eyes are all on John.
CandyinKy
CandyinKy

Favorite College team: : Kentucky !!!!
Favorite NFL team: : ummm I dun watch it

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down