BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World Meets Enes Kanter

2 posters

Go down

The World Meets Enes Kanter Empty The World Meets Enes Kanter

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:01 am

The World Meets Enes Kanter

by Matt Jones @ 12:53 am. Filed under Blue Blooded Opinions

Its late and I have a full day of radio (11 am to 1 pm on http://louisvillesportsbuzz.com) and Masters watching to prepare for. So three quick notes on tonight’s festivities:

1. Enes Kanter Is the Man: Please let Enes get eligible. Kanter scored 34 points tonight in the Nike Hoop Summit, breaking the all-time game scoring mark that was previously held by one Dirk Nowitzki. He scored all around the basket, grabbed 15 boards and was the revelation of the game. We will talk more about him tomorrow, but if he is on the team next year, a lot of worries about Orton leaving go right out the window.

2. That was a GREAT game: If you get to watch one of the 4,000 replays they will show of the game on Fox Sports, check it out. Both teams played very well and it was truly entertaining. Good performances also by UK targets Brandon Knight, Terrence Jones and Cory Joseph. Best all-star game I can remember watching.

3. Enes is My New Favorite Player: I can already tell you that Enes is KSR Hall of Fame material. You have the great name and the puns that come with it, the fact that he looks like a Turkish Jason Biggs (as pointed out by the Turkey Hunter), his impressive game and the fact that Eastern European Kentucky players have a history of being gold (aka Woo), and, well Enes is going to be KSR gold. I cant wait.

More on the festivities, the games, the Derby Classic and the rest tomorrow.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The World Meets Enes Kanter Empty Re: The World Meets Enes Kanter

Post  Bho Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Well I watched the game last night and it is by far the BEST All Star game for the top High Schoolers. They actually run plays and play defense. It isn't just a dunk contest. Now the pace is fast, but people are actually trying. Secondly, Enes was VERY impressive. He looked great in the post. Hit some PPat jumpers. He OWNED the boards. He finished after contact. The announcers were "gushing" over the kid the entire second half. One of the announcers was talking about how after watching them practice that he asked their coach how in the world he was going to UK because he wasn't impressed. However his tune changed while watching him separate himself from everyone one the floor.
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down