BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orton: I have not declared for NBA Draft

3 posters

Go down

Orton: I have not declared for NBA Draft Empty Orton: I have not declared for NBA Draft

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Orton: I have not declared for NBA Draft
By Eric Lindsey on March 31, 2010 6:57 PM | No TrackBacks

Thumbnail image for ky.etsu_23.jpgUPDATE: Well as I alluded to at the bottom of the initial post, you can't believe everything you read or hear (that's certainly not a shot at Jerry Tipton either). UK spokesman DeWayne Peevy just released the following statement from Daniel Orton on his future:

"I have not declared for the NBA Draft," Orton said in a statement. "I'm currently weighing my options and will make a decision prior to the deadline."

So there you have it. Orton's status remains in the air. Interesting that his dad would come out and say his son was declaring. Expect the rumor mill to pick back up.

The news Kentucky basketball fans did not want to hear came from Jerry Tipton on Wednesday.

Tipton talked to Daniel Orton's father, Larry, who told the Lexington Herald-Leader beat reporter that Orton will submit his name for the NBA Draft. Orton will not hire an agent, according to his father, and will have the option of returning to school.

According to NCAA rules, underclassmen must withdraw from the draft by May 8.

Orton's father said he is entering the draft to see how viable he is as an NBA prospect.

"Just to see where he is," Larry Orton said. "I don't see that as a big deal."

But to UK fans, it could mean the the complete overhaul of the freshman class. Although no announcements have been made, many expect freshmen John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins to make the jump, and now Eric Bledsoe has been rumored as a lottery pick as well.

As a UK employee, I can't really speculate on what the players will or won't do and I certainly can't talk about potential prospects because this is the official Web site of UK Athletics.

I can tell you not to believe everything you read on the message boards. Tipton's report is certainly legit, but there is going to be a lot of guessing and second-guessing among the fan base because these are such high-impacting decisions on the team.

Underclassmen have until April 25 to submit their names for the NBA Draft. The draft takes place June 24 in Madison Square Garden in New York City.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Orton: I have not declared for NBA Draft Empty Re: Orton: I have not declared for NBA Draft

Post  Fossten Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Guys, don't believe what you hear - I just withdrew my name from the draft as well.
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Orton: I have not declared for NBA Draft Empty Re: Orton: I have not declared for NBA Draft

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:09 pm

Dad and son need to get their POOP straight.
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Da Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down