BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senior Day Festivities

+3
BestdamnUKfanperiod
Californication
Bho
7 posters

Go down

Senior Day Festivities Empty Senior Day Festivities

Post  Bho Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 am

I will post a few pics from the game tomorrow hopefully but I wanted to share some thoughts from it. Ramon Harris had a huge ovation, loudest other that PPat. Seeing Krebs mother be able to make it brought tears to my eyes. The place went crazy when Patterson came out of his "UK Senior" Ring. Yes it said Senior and I have pics to prove it. I felt bad for Perry. He was out there by himself with no family or friends. He said on the post game that his mom and aunt were in the back, but I don't understand why, if they were there, did they not come out during the festivities.
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Senior Day Festivities Empty Re: Senior Day Festivities

Post  Californication Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:42 am

There you go. Biggest ovation was for the only one that shouldn't have been there. I love Ppat, but it was senior day, and he shouldn't have been included. Feel very bad for Perry.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:50 am

californication wrote:There you go. Biggest ovation was for the only one that shouldn't have been there. I love Ppat, but it was senior day, and he shouldn't have been included. Feel very bad for Perry.

I'm glad they included Ppat, he has done to much for this team over the years, He deserved something.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:12 am

I agree, he deserved SOMETHING, but he didn't deserve recognition on SENIOR DAY. This was their day. The administration, even though they meant well, blew it on this one. Call me old-fashioned, old school, hard-head, or anything else you want. But senior day should be reserved for SENIORS. If they wish to recognize early dapartures for making an impact, and in Pat's case, a huge impact, on the program, then designate another time. Senior day should be for the seniors, be it a bench warmer, or walk-on, or whatever.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:39 am

For all academic concerns PP is a senior, He graduates in May with a degree. Only on the basketball court is he still considered a Junior. I think they did the right thing. SENIOR day is for the Guys who graduated and that's what he has done.
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  jr braddy lives Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:45 am

I made it down to the game. Senior day is always magical.
jr braddy lives
jr braddy lives

Favorite College team: : Caytes
Favorite NFL team: : Steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  sohsdragon Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm

cryptkeeper wrote:For all academic concerns PP is a senior, He graduates in May with a degree. Only on the basketball court is he still considered a Junior. I think they did the right thing. SENIOR day is for the Guys who graduated and that's what he has done.

This.

They don't hold your diploma for a year if you graduate a year early. That's why it's called Senior Day, even though traditionally the players have been around for 4 years.
sohsdragon
sohsdragon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky

Back to top Go down

Post  OBXWildcat Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:33 am

cryptkeeper wrote:For all academic concerns PP is a senior, He graduates in May with a degree. Only on the basketball court is he still considered a Junior. I think they did the right thing. SENIOR day is for the Guys who graduated and that's what he has done.
WRONG! There have been a lot of players honored on senior day that never graduated. It has nothing to do with graduation and never has until now. It has always been based on those who have used up all of their college eligibility with that final year being played at Kentucky.
OBXWildcat
OBXWildcat

Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

http://www.pizzazzpizza.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:56 am

OBXWildcat wrote:
WRONG! There have been a lot of players honored on senior day that never graduated. It has nothing to do with graduation and never has until now. It has always been based on those who have used up all of their college eligibility with that final year being played at Kentucky.

Wow!! Someone agrees with me. If that was the case, they'd have honored Porter this year too. They would also honor red-shirts with senior status as juniors instead of seniors. If it had to do with academics, there would be a whole lot less honored on senior day. I love Pat, and he deserves tons of recognition. He should, and probably will get a street, maybe even a day of the year, named after him. He is a truly awesome player, team-mate, student, and human being. But, I don't think senior day was one of them. It took away fron the other's who had put in 4 years.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:15 am

I kind of up in the air over it, I understand what you guys mean, but Patterson did bust his ass on the court and off the court. He is graduating in 3 that's awesome.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:46 am

Pat is awesome. That is without question. He will have, and deserve, streets and buildings named for him in Lexington. But he hasn't played four years, and that is what senior day is all about. He has probably sweated more than most senior day participants. He probably deserves it more on effort than most, but he has not completed the ONLY SENIOR DAY REQUIREMENT-four years of service.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Come on guys, he played two years under Billy Clyde. That is like four years by itself LOL. Some of you guys need to see what PP did on and off the court to deserve the celebration....Don't compare PP to the Porters and redshirts (thats apples and oranges and don't hold water)....Anytime an All American returns and GRADUATES he deserves a senior celebration......
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down