BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Was 10 Feet Away When This Happened

3 posters

Go down

I Was 10 Feet Away When This Happened Empty I Was 10 Feet Away When This Happened

Post  Carolina Kat Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:03 am

Story Below...

Healthy Looking Kid From UT-Chattanooga Just Walked Over To The Bench And Passed Out In His Coach's Arms To Start a Media Timeout. Called Medics And Doctors Over And Then He Yelled And Told His Assistants To Take The Remaining Players Away And Back To The Locker Room. You Could Hear People Crying In The Crowd. The Visting Team Left The Court As Well. The Game Was Not Being Televised. EMTs and On-Site Doctor Worked On Him 10 Minutes Before Loading Him Onto a Stretcher And Transporting Him To The Hospital. He Appeared To Be Breathing When They Loaded Him Up But Non-Responsive. Was Supposed To Be a Asthma Attack, That He Had Before That We Didn't Know About. Scared The Crap Out Of Me. Reports Are That He Regained Normalcy On His Transport. Unbelievable How Unimportant a Tournament Game Becomes When Someone's Health Is At Stake. Also Think At Times That The EMTs At Athletic Events Are a Waste Sometimes, But You Just Never Know. I'm More Glad That They're Present, Each Time I Go To An Athletic Event...

Chattanooga player collapses at Southern Conference tournament

By David Scott
dscott@charlotteobserver.com

Posted: Saturday, Mar. 06, 2010

The College of Charleston-Chattanooga game at the Southern Conference basketball tournament Saturday night was halted temporarily in the second half when Chattanooga guard Ty Patterson collapsed near the bench at the beginning of a timeout.

Patterson fell to the floor as he was returning to the bench for the timeout. He was tended to by several medical personnel, then taken off the floor on a rolling stretcher.

The condition of Patterson, a 6-foot-6 senior who was averaging 14.7 points, wasn’t immediately known.

Chattanooga coach John Shulman said Patterson’s blood pressure went up and he was unable to breath. A Southern Conference spokesman said Patterson was conscious when he was transported to Carolinas Medical Center by ambulance.

“Obviously our concern is for Ty Patterson,” said Charleston coach Bobby Cremins. “Our prayers are with him. That was really, very, very scary.”

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

I Was 10 Feet Away When This Happened Empty Re: I Was 10 Feet Away When This Happened

Post  Blue Dude Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:17 am

hope the kid is doing okay. hate to hear stories like these.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

I Was 10 Feet Away When This Happened Empty Re: I Was 10 Feet Away When This Happened

Post  agent 00 Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Truly a scary moment. Everytime somebody collapses like this I immediately Screw to Hank Gathers.
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum