BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karl Rove Admits Mistake

Go down

Do You Think History Will Look Kindly On George W. Bush For The Invasion Of Iraq After 911?

Karl Rove Admits Mistake I_vote_lcap67%Karl Rove Admits Mistake I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Karl Rove Admits Mistake I_vote_lcap33%Karl Rove Admits Mistake I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Karl Rove Admits Mistake I_vote_lcap0%Karl Rove Admits Mistake I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Karl Rove Admits Mistake Empty Karl Rove Admits Mistake

Post  Carolina Kat Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Karl Rove Admits Mistake in Advising George W. Bush on Iraq Invasion Response

Posted: 03/3/10

Christopher Weber, Politics Daily

In a new memoir, former White House adviser Karl Rove says failure to uncover weapons of mass destruction damaged George W. Bush's credibility, but the president did not knowingly mislead the American public about invading Iraq.

Rove blames himself for not pushing back against claims that Bush had taken the country to war under false pretenses, calling it one of the biggest mistakes he made during his time in the administration, according to The Associated Press, which obtained an advance copy of the book "Courage and Consequence."

Rove maintains the 2003 invasion was the most momentous act of of Bush's presidency and the right response to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, even though Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein wasn't responsible, the AP reported.

"Having seen how much carnage four airplanes could cause, Bush was determined to do all he could to prevent the most powerful weapons from falling into the hands of the world's most dangerous dictators," Rove wrote.

History will look favorably on Bush's two terms as president, Rove notes. He defends Bush's handling of the Hurricane Katrina response, blaming state and local officials for botched recovery efforts.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down