BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Killed

Go down

Fan Killed Empty Fan Killed

Post  Carolina Kat Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:40 am

Debris from NHRA crash kills spectator

ThatsRacin.com Report

Sunday, Feb. 21, 2010

Debris scattered by a high-speed crash has killed a spectator at an NHRA event in Arizona on Sunday.

The woman was struck by a tire, the NHRA confirmed Sunday night. The crash occurred at the NHRA's Arizona Nationals event at Firebird International Raceway in Chandler, Ariz., the second event of the season.

The woman, whose name had not been released late Sunday, was pronounced dead at Good Samaritan Hospital. The tire flew off Antron Brown's Top Fuel dragster when he crashed during the first round of eliminations.

Brown was not injured. NHRA is investigating the incident.

"The entire NHRA community is deeply saddened by today's incident," the drag racing body said, "and sends its thoughts and prayers to the woman's family and friends."

Eliminations were scheduled to resume Monday.

"It felt like the back end just dropped out and the car started pitching end-over-end," Brown said, according to a Speedtv.com report.

"At that point, I was upside down, and in my mind, things were going crazy. I was just hoping I didn't go into Troy or into the other lane. The next thing I knew, I hit the wall.

"I saw a little burst of flame come around my head, and I saw sparks."

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down