BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VITALE: Behavior Is Out Of Control

2 posters

Go down

VITALE:  Behavior Is Out Of Control Empty VITALE: Behavior Is Out Of Control

Post  Carolina Kat Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:37 am

Updated: February 18, 2010, 3:41 PM ET

Fan behavior has gotten out of control

By Dick Vitale
ESPN.com
Archive

I truly love the sport of college basketball, but recently there has been a disturbing trend.

There is no place in sports for what happened after Kentucky's win in Starkville over Mississippi State on Tuesday night. My friends, it was flat-out ugly as fans tossed bottles and ice onto the court in the late stages of the Wildcats' win.

There was also a problem earlier this year at West Virginia when Pittsburgh came to Morgantown. Panthers assistant Tom Herrion was hit with an object thrown onto the court.

It was scary to see and very dangerous for the players, coaches, referees and even other fans. There is absolutely no excuse for that type of behavior. If your team loses a game, show some class.

The SEC has been concerned with fan behavior for a while now and I applaud them for issuing a fine to South Carolina when their fans stormed the court following a big win over Kentucky. The risk of injury and the danger that comes with that scenario is simply not worth it. Celebrate in the stands; stay at your seat and jump up and down.

I love the passion and enthusiasm of college basketball. There is no rhyme or reason for fans abusing their privilege of attending a game by endangering others and throwing things onto the court.

I really feel that those individuals who threw objects must be punished. The SEC and Mississippi State must take action! Those caught doing that should be banned from attending games in Starkville and even any SEC site for life.

Fortunately, it appeared that nobody was hurt. I know John Calipari was upset with what happened and I don't blame him. The safety of all involved is so, so important, and there is just no excuse for that type of action.

Throwing anything onto a court is a no-no, baby!

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

VITALE:  Behavior Is Out Of Control Empty Re: VITALE: Behavior Is Out Of Control

Post  Wildcat Fanatic Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Agree 1 million times over.
Wildcat Fanatic
Wildcat Fanatic

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Baltimore Ravens

Back to top Go down