BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting on Spring

5 posters

Go down

Waiting on Spring Empty Waiting on Spring

Post  KYLakeBlueCat Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:52 pm

There is snow on the ground here in Western Kentucky but inside the garages of most fishermen spring fever is spreading to an epidemic level.
With new line on the reels and lures tied on weeks ago my attention has turned to the boat. But with every article I read the second guessing starts about what I have tied on for the first lures to cast. With six rigs ready to go I will probably change lures 3 times before I ever make a cast. The only thing stopping me from buying more lures is my new tackle storage box is packed full. That’s a good thing because I need to stop buying more stuff.
My wife has been patient as I spread tackle out all over the den floor, tables and chair arms. There are small pieces of line lying around that will probably be in the carpet for years. With the UK ball game on I have to be careful not to jump up to quick and lose a hook or swivel. She even holds the spools of line while I wind it on, what a women!
Back to the boat, I have to stay focused on the boat. I’ve made a to-do list now I need to make a detailed list of those things to do. I don’t think I could do all of this if I had six months and unlimited cash. Oh well, I will do what I have time and money for and push the other items off a bit longer.
This fishing year has been much anticipated for most of the winter. One of my best friends and I are going to fish the B.A.I.T. trail. He lives in Alabama and we haven’t spent much time together on the water in several years. This trial gives us the opportunity to fish both in Alabama and Kentucky where I live. We have made several phone calls and sent many emails to one another nailing down the dates and locations that we think gives us the best chance of competing in the tournaments. We have added one tournament location just because we love the lake and it brings back memories from years ago when we made a trip there every spring. It’s not the best chance for us to win but it’s a tournament we will enjoy. It also allows us to make a three day mini trip and bring along some other fishing buddies. It will be time well spent and add excitement to the spring.
There’s nothing better than having an upcoming event on the calendar to look forward to. The anticipation creates a space in your mind you can enter when everyday life situations try to pull you down. This space is healthy for the sole.
Come on Spring!

KYLakeBlueCat

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Pittsburgh Steelers

Back to top Go down

Waiting on Spring Empty Re: Waiting on Spring

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Nice post KY, I am going to try to do a lil more this year also.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Waiting on Spring Empty Hey

Post  tam4bama Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:25 pm

I don't know if it's ok to post this here..lol..But we went down to my parents place in Gulf Shores AL.otherwise known as LA..(lower Alabama)..We live in N.Bama..anyways...We caught some redfish off the pier of the little lagoon and grilled them.So tasty!..With hush puppies and french fries of course!.They were fun to catch!..We used naked shrimp..If you don't speak Bamanese..that is shrimp peeled down to nothing..Smile..anyways...Today..we have a couple of inches of snow..so not much fishing..but come first springday..We have a catfish pond down back and they love hot dogs! Smile elephant Roll Tide Roll baby! Smile
tam4bama
tam4bama

Favorite College team: : ALA...Freakin..BAMA!
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

http://www.rolltide.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:31 pm

yep you can post that here, love to hear everyones fishing and hunting stories
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AddctdGmbler Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:31 pm

I go to Bama every year to turkey hunt. Love it down there.
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Favorite College team: : Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildcat Fanatic Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:26 am

We missed the whole season last year and the majority of the year before due to illnesses with my father. This year, hopefully I'll go back to being the crappie slayer that all the stories got started from. bounce
Wildcat Fanatic
Wildcat Fanatic

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Baltimore Ravens

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down