BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ole Miss' Snead Enters Draft

Go down

Ole Miss' Snead Enters Draft Empty Ole Miss' Snead Enters Draft

Post  Carolina Kat Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:33 am

Ole Miss' Snead will enter draft
Rebels QB had led team to two 9-win seasons

Written by From Wire Reports
Posted on 01.08.10

JACKSON, Miss.
- Mississippi quarterback Jevan Snead is going pro, skipping his senior season to enter the NFL draft after leading the Rebels to their best back-to-back seasons in nearly four decades.

Snead, considered a top prospect, made the announcement Thursday in a news release issued by the university.

"The fans, coaches and my teammates at Ole Miss have been unbelievable, and I want to thank them for an incredible experience," Snead said. "In the end, I had to do what is best for me and my family. Having finished my degree, I look forward to the challenge and hard work that comes with pursuing my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL."

The Stephenville, Texas, native was a top high school prospect and was hailed as something of a savior when he transferred from Texas three seasons ago. He largely delivered.

His decision comes after leading the Rebels (9-4) to a 21-7 win against Oklahoma State for Ole Miss' second straight Cotton Bowl victory. The win marked the first time the Rebels had back-to-back nine-win seasons since the 1961-62 seasons and consecutive January bowl wins since 1960-61.

Snead passed for 5,394 yards at Ole Miss, the second

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down