BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KENTUCKY AT GEORGIA

4 posters

Go down

KENTUCKY AT GEORGIA Empty KENTUCKY AT GEORGIA

Post  Carolina Kat Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:46 am

And Then There Were Two...

Two Games Left In The Regular Season Of The 2012-13 College Basketball Season For Our Beloved Wildcats Of Kentucky. Don't Think Anyone Would Have Predicted That The Cats Would Be Struggling To Make The NCAA Tournament Sitting At 20-9 Overall And 11-5 In SEC Play - But As Denver Coach John Fox Has Said a Million Times, "It Is What It Is." ..... Rolling Eyes

So With That, The Cats Head To Athens This Week To Take On The 14-15, 8-8 Georgia Bulldogs. Until Today, The Bulldogs Had Lost 4 of 5 Games With The Only Win Coming Over South Carolina On The Road. But Today, They Cooled Off The HOT Tennessee Vols, 78-68 In Stegeman Coliseum. cheers

Two Teams Playing For Pride And Tournament Seeding This Thursday At 7 p.m. On ESPN - In The Matchup Between The Cats And Dogs - What Do You Think? What a Face

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

KENTUCKY AT GEORGIA Empty Re: KENTUCKY AT GEORGIA

Post  jagator Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:29 am

An NCAA bid could very well be on the line here. HUGE game. UGA is tough in there. I think Kats pull it out though. Then they go on yo win the NCAA Tournament and make me rich becasue right now they are +10000.
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:00 am

You guys are going to play this bad on Saturday right?
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 am

jagator wrote:You guys are going to play this bad on Saturday right?

I'd say that's a given.

I've been patiently waiting for this team to start playing together. It's just not going to happen.

We may not see another W this year.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:12 am

I watch them and I can't see where the talent is. These guys are just not good. When Wall, Cousins, Knight, Jones, Davis, MKG and company came to to UK, even in the beginning when they would play ragged sometimes, you could see they had a lot of talent. The only guy on this team that had any talent was Noel and he still had very little offense in his game. Which begs the question, how did all the recruit-niks get these guys so wrong? Willie Cauley-Stein should go back to football. Poythress is useless. Goodwin is awful. Maybe these guys can get better with age and experience but with the players you got coming, I'd sit them and play the new guys.

They made UGA look like a NCAA team and they won't even make the NIT. I know losing Noel hurt but dang. You still have a big seven footer in there. You still have a highly recruited power forward and shooting guard in there. You should still be able to beat a one man team like UGA.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:06 am

This years freshman class is a joke. They remind me of the class with Morris, Rondo, Bradley, and Crawford. Like those four, this class just refuses to get it together and play together. It took Bradley and Crawford til their senior years with Rondo and Morris gone, to finally figure out that they'd better start busting their asses and it got them no where. Hell, Crawford even almost left after his freshman year because he didn't get enough playing time, but enough about that class. I also personally feel nobody on this years freshman class is NBA ready, Noel included. Yeah he's a defensive asset but, in the NBA he will be pushed around and has no offensive skill set, from what i have seen out of him. He's too small to play Center in my mind and at Power Forward I don't see him as a success there. Don't give me the NBA drafts for potential crap because if I were a serious owner/GM I would want a player who's pretty much ready to go and not a building project, and Noel would be a project even though he does have potential. I think Davis would have been better served to stay one more year to build on his offensive skill set but thats hindsight really. Anyway here's hoping for a better next year.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Daniel Orton should serve as a cautionary tale for these guys. Noel is probably thinking he better go while he can so he doesn't end up like Marcus Lattimore. Can't say that I would blame him there. But he would definitely benefit from more college ball as would Davis.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:25 pm

jagator wrote:Daniel Orton should serve as a cautionary tale for these guys. Noel is probably thinking he better go while he can so he doesn't end up like Marcus Lattimore. Can't say that I would blame him there. But he would definitely benefit from more college ball as would Davis.

I think they all would and I think they all realize this. The coaches also realize that they have to go when the "getting is good". It's basically a weak draft this year, how else do you explain 4 Kentucky players in the first round? They want to make some money. Most have grown up basically without money so you can't blame the kids. I know how it was in high school and college without money. If I had been given the chance to make money like that, at that age(shoot at any age), I would have been gone in a second.

We seem to forget this is about their lives and not ours.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:29 pm

I've not seen that much of the Cats this year and I can honestly say, I don't think I've missed very much. The play last night that epitomized my thoughts of this team was when Poythress had the fast break and tried to force the play to the hoop with defense in place during a critical part of a run. He was called for the offensive foul and a turnover.

Some of the other guys got on his butt and he acted like he had no idea what they were talking about or could care less. Goodwin did this against Arkansas.

It's not that one or two of these guys can't play or aren't gelling, none of them are. There's no leader. There's no unity and it's all ME-BALL and let's see how fast I can get to the NBA.

NEWSFLASH - You're NOT in high school anymore and you're only as good as the unit that you're playing with and I'm sure Cal has been preaching that all year and it's still not registered. Un-FREAKING-Believable!!

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:02 pm

stuckinknoxville wrote:
jagator wrote:Daniel Orton should serve as a cautionary tale for these guys. Noel is probably thinking he better go while he can so he doesn't end up like Marcus Lattimore. Can't say that I would blame him there. But he would definitely benefit from more college ball as would Davis.

I think they all would and I think they all realize this. The coaches also realize that they have to go when the "getting is good". It's basically a weak draft this year, how else do you explain 4 Kentucky players in the first round? They want to make some money. Most have grown up basically without money so you can't blame the kids. I know how it was in high school and college without money. If I had been given the chance to make money like that, at that age(shoot at any age), I would have been gone in a second.

We seem to forget this is about their lives and not ours.

The thing is though the NBA is not going anywhere. Plus, they should stop and think about their second contract. Becoming a better player in college ball could mean bigger money down the road. Many players have taken the sure thing and regretted it later. Gators who did it and probably wish they'd stayed in school include Taurean Green, Donnell Harvey, Nick Calathes, Matt Walsh, Anthony Roberson. Of course there are a few who made the right call by coming out early like Brad Beal, Marrese Speights. But then there are ones like Chandler Parsons, Matt Bonner and David Lee who are raking in big bucks and Parsons and Lee are star players that would not have been had they come out after one or two years.

Hell, Calathes was the star of the high school team that Parsons played for. Billy took Parsons on to get Calathes to come to UF. Which one is starring in the NBA now?
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down