BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

33-10 at the half

3 posters

Go down

33-10 at the half Empty 33-10 at the half

Post  jagator Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:15 am

Scary thing is, it could have been much worse. This is the best team in Gator history at this point in the season. I've never seen a Gator team just crush opponents like this one. I don't even recall our championship teams doing this every single night.
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

33-10 at the half Empty Re: 33-10 at the half

Post  Carolina Kat Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 pm

Jag, Congrats On The Win But Keep In Mind, This Is The WORST Gamecock Team In Quite Some Time. To Look At The Amount Of Points We Beat Arkansas On Saturday, Doesn't Say Much About That Program Or The SEC For That Matter. Good Thing You Guys Are Rolling Right Now Or There Might Not Be Any Team In The Top 25. The Cats, Hopefully Are Getting Righted. But For The Rest Of The Conference, Who Knows Who Will Show Up Each Night?

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Here is an interesting stat for you. Last year's Kentucky team that won a national championship while barely breaking a sweat, through their first seven SEC game was +102 in points. Florida right now through seven SEC games is +198. Now consider that in almost all of these game, Donovan called off the dogs or the margins could have been a lot worse. Last night for example, with 12 minutes to go the Gamecocks had 15 points. They scored 10 points after the 4:00 media timeout when Donovan put all the scrubs in. This happens nearly every game. Four times in seven games Florida has held the opponent to under 20 points in the first half. LSU scored exactly 20. Mizzou had 20 until the final seconds when they hit a three to put them down 40-23 at half. Georgia led us 27-24 at the half and were held to 20 in the second half. So maybe USC is down. But what about the others? Are ALL of them the worst they've been in years? Georgia sucks every year. LSU sucks every year. South Carolina sucks most years. Missouri was ranked #17. A&M had just gone to Rupp and blew out the Kats. Elston Turner lit UK up for 40 points in Rupp, then went home to a packed arena on a Tuesday night and put up four points. MSU is way down, I'll give you that one, but they just took A&M to OT last night.

Will Florida do what UK did last year? I don't know. Too many things can happen with two months left in the season. But looking at this team play, and keeping in mind that it was not that long ago we were watching a back to back national championship team, I've never seen anything like this. They make SEC teams look like Alabama State or Florida International. These SEC games look like those pre-season exhibition games against Division II and III schools. We play Ole Miss this Saturday. If this one is another blowout that is over by halftime, then we will know somethiing.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Gators are looking unstoppable. I don't see them losing an SEC game.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Oh, I see what you're doing. Trying to jinx us. lol

I just hope we can beat Arkansas tonight.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:36 am

Wow, Wow, Wow! I did not see this coming!

I keep waiting for Florida to make a run but it ain't happenin'. There's still time but it's running out.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:51 am

Not much you can do when everything they throw up there goes in. Goes to show just how good the Kats were lest year to go 16-0. But then Vandy had one of those games in the tournament where they just couldn't miss.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:35 pm

I was hoping the Gators would wait a week to have a bad game.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:45 pm

I'd hate to be Miss St on Saturday. Those guys are going to get mauled. Feb 23 is a game I will likely be buying tickets for. That's when the Hogs come to Gainesville.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:26 pm

jagator wrote:I'd hate to be Miss St on Saturday. Those guys are going to get mauled. Feb 23 is a game I will likely be buying tickets for. That's when the Hogs come to Gainesville.

That's a likely scenario but who would have thought Kansas would let TCU beat them after a home loss to OSU?

Just re-enforces my reasoning for never betting on a sporting event.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:55 pm

No doubt. It's a good way to lose your money. Basketball is the toughest of all of them. Soccer is tough too. This basketball season has been ridiculous. I would not be at all surprised to see UK win it all.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down