BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas A&M At Kentucky

5 posters

Go down

Texas A&M At Kentucky Empty Texas A&M At Kentucky

Post  Carolina Kat Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:18 am

The Aggies Visit Rupp Arena For Their First SEC Game With The Wildcats.... pig

So What Do You Think? scratch

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Texas A&M At Kentucky Empty Re: Texas A&M At Kentucky

Post  truebluewildcatgirl Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Cats win at home. These team is just really young at times. They still haven't realized the importance of every second of every possession and their basketball IQ isn't always great. It's a process and they will be as frustrating as Jorts team was the rest of the way out probably. The quicker Alex P gets his head outta his butt the better

truebluewildcatgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:30 pm

I can't believe UK is this bad. They've got the best coach in the game and while they are young, they've got talent. People on TV keep saying they'll be good by March but if they don't get it together they'll be showing it in the NIT. You guys better be pulling for Maryland tonight against the Canes because that's UK's best win so far. Vandy scored 33 points yesterday. This Tennessee game is suddenly a huge game. The rest of us need UK to be solid because the SEC looks terrible right now. UF has some decent wins. Mizzou has a couple. But that's about it. We might be looking at two NCAA bids if UK doesn't make it. Come on Kats!! Let's Go!!
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:09 pm

They are certainly a puzzling lot. Tons of talent, but where is their effort? They finally started showing some fire and intensity yesterday when they took the lead. Hustle, diving, coming up with loose balls. Turner drained a 3 on them, and it was like he let the air out of them. They went back in their shells and the adrenalin was gone. I don't understand the lack of effort, no to mention their continual habits of not blocking out! That pisses me off. I saw Wiltjer look for somebody and block out once. ONCE. Everytime the ball goes up, they turn and go to the basket. Nobody blocks out.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 am

Haven't seen the Cats for several games. I have seen the Gamecocks and they suck but with Bruce Ellington back now that football season is over, they will get better. They'll make some noise next year as Martin puts all the pieces back together from the complete mess that Darrin Horn left the program. However, take this as a quick note for whatever it's worth.

I saw Auburn on Saturday and they have a lot of nice pieces. I'm not talking title or runner-up, but they've made some major improvements since Jeff Lebo. They're on a three-game win streak with W's over Florida State, LSU and South Carolina. Might be a bit of a surprise in the SEC. They can flat out shoot the rock. I'll see Vandy on Saturday when they visit the Gamecocks.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Noel was the only one that showed up for the A&M game.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:46 pm

I guess the lesson here is recruiting classes are not all created equal. Even if you haul in all the five starts every year, there is a difference in each class. Sometimes you'll hit the jackpot, sometimes you crap out. Sometimes you get somewhere in between. Which I guess is no different than recruiting guys to stick around for four years. Sometimes they pan out and sometimes you get lemons.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Jag, Think You're Right And Goes To Show How In Some Cases, a Few Key Upperclassmen Around, Can Help The Freshmen In More Ways Than One. Course That Depends On The Upperclassman As Well.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 am

Yes, You guys benefited greatly from last year's NBA lockout. Having Jones and Miller around an extra year was huge. This year it's all rookies and that's tough. We went through the same thing in 2008. We had the #1 class and missed the tournament. They never did get their heads out of their asses that year until Billy locked then out of the gym and took away their gear after the SEC Tournament. They made a nice run in the NIT after that.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down