BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florida's NBA Players

2 posters

Go down

Florida's NBA Players Empty Florida's NBA Players

Post  jagator Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:11 pm

David Lee is averaging 19 points and 12 rebounds per game for the 16-8 Golden State Warriors.
Joakim Noah is averaging 14 points and 11 rebounds for the 13-9 Chicago Bulls.
Al Horford is averaging 16 points and 10 rebounds per game for the 14-7 Atlanta Hawks.
Corey Brewer is averaging 12 points per game for the 13-12 Denver Nuggets.
Udonis Haslem is averaging 5 rebounds per game for the Miami Heat and he and Mike Miller both have rings form last season.
Chandler Parsons is averaging 16 points and 7 rebounds per game for the Houston Rockets.
Matt Bonner is a 40% shooter from three point territory for the 19-6 San Antonio Spurs.

Anybody else want to try and match those numbers?
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Florida's NBA Players Empty Re: Florida's NBA Players

Post  stuckinknoxville Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm

It would take me a while longer to find all the ex UK players stats since there's 3 times as many. Smile

Eric Bledsoe
Keith Bogans
Demarcus Cousins
Anthony Davis
Chuck Hayes
Josh Harrellson
Terrence Jones
Enes Kanter
Micheal Kidd-Gilchrist
Brandon Knight
Doron Lamb
DeAndre Liggins
Jodie Meeks
Darius Miller
Nazr Mohammed
Daniel Orton
Patrick Patterson
Tayshaun Prince
Rajon Rondo
Marquis Teague
John Wall
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Allow me then:

Cousins- 17 points 10 rebounds on a crap team
Knight 15 points on a crap team
Wall- yet to play on a crap team
Patterson- 13 and 5 on a decent team
Davis- 15 points and 8 boards, missed 13 of 23 games though on a crap team
Prince- 13 points on a crap team
Miller- two points on a crap team
Lamb- four points on a decent team
Orton- spends most of his time in the D League
Bledsoe- (my favorite) 10 points on a great team (he is ballin)
Jones- hanging out in the D League mostly
Hayes- 3 points on a crap team
Meeks- 8 points on a mediocre team
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Rondo- 13 points 13 assists on a mediocre team
Teague- 2 points on a good team
Mohammed- 1 point on the same team
Bogans- 2 points on a decent team
Harrelson- 2 points on a great team
Kanter never played for you so he doesn't count
Kidd-Gilchrist- 11 points on a terrible team
Liggins- 1 point on a great team

So you got Rondo, Bledsoe, MKG, Cousins, Prince, Davis if he stays healthy, Possibly Wall, and Knight. Pretty good. But we have five guys averaging double figures on five playoff teams, possibly six with the Rockets. Lee is one of the top two Warriors, Horford is one of the top two Hawks, Noah is one of the top two Bulls, Parsons is one of the top two or three Rockets, Haslem is one of the top five or six Heat, And I didn't go through every player like you did. I left out guys like Marrese Speights, Vernon Macklin, Lee Humphrey who are still bouncing around between the D League and the NBA. I also could have included Brad Beal who plays for a crap team but didn't. He's averaging 12 points a game for the Wizards, second on their team.

How many other schools can top those numbers? North Carolina? Duke? UCLA? Indiana? Louisville? I don't think so. UConn has some good players with Gay, Hamilton, Walker. Wake has a good 1-2 combo with Chris Paul and Tim Duncan. But what other schools have this many top players all over the league?
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:28 am

Playoff teams? Really? You already determined who is going to the playoffs? In December? Wow you are good.

Notice it took you two posts in order to LIST all of Kentucky's players. Smile
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:49 pm

stuckinknoxville wrote:Playoff teams? Really? You already determined who is going to the playoffs? In December? Wow you are good.

You mean you can't. I thought you knew hoops. Yes UK has a buttload. Does any of the so called basketball conferences who turn their noses up at the SEC? What Dookies are throwing double doubles up every night? Heels? Hoosiers? Cards? Bruins? Kevin Durant went to Texas. Did anyone else? UCLA has Westbrook and Kevin Love. Afflalo is doing alright with the Magic. So they've got some. What about Kansas? Who do they have? UConn? Zona? Cuse? Besides Anthony of course.

On any given night the Gators could have three to four guys put up double doubles. About a week ago, Noah had 30 points and 23 boards, Brewer had 20 points, Lee had 30 and 15 and Horford had 14 and 14 all on the same night.

And yes, I can tell you the Warriors, Bulls, and Hawks are going to the playoffs. Don't count Denver and Houston out either. Pretty sure Miami might make it too. But the Kings, Wizards, Pistons and Cavs will not sniff them.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:43 pm

jagator wrote:
stuckinknoxville wrote:Playoff teams? Really? You already determined who is going to the playoffs? In December? Wow you are good.

You mean you can't. I thought you knew hoops.

I am a college basketball and Kentucky fan. I don't even watch NBA highlights unless a Kentucky player is in them. The NBA is a joke and not what I call basketball. It's a bunch of athletic people playing one on one street ball. I'm positive I don't know half of what you know about the NBA, or anyone else for that matter.

They could be playing in my back yard and I wouldn't waste my time watching.

However, college is a different animal. I watch every Kentucky game or any top 10 game I can catch.

I didn't catch the Gators loss to Kansas State yesterday but I've been impressed with them with the games I've watched. They are definitely the team to beat in the SEC this year.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:01 pm

stuckinknoxville wrote:
jagator wrote:

You mean you can't. I thought you knew hoops.

I am a college basketball and Kentucky fan. I don't even watch NBA highlights unless a Kentucky player is in them. The NBA is a joke and not what I call basketball. It's a bunch of athletic people playing one on one street ball. I'm positive I don't know half of what you know about the NBA, or anyone else for that matter.

They could be playing in my back yard and I wouldn't waste my time watching.

However, college is a different animal. I watch every Kentucky game or any top 10 game I can catch.

I didn't catch the Gators loss to Kansas State yesterday but I've been impressed with them with the games I've watched. They are definitely the team to beat in the SEC this year.

It's obvious you didn't watch us last night because UK will bend us over and (fill in the blank) and then Mizzou will do the same. I doubt we can even beat UT.

I do watch the NBA. I would rather watch the NBA than the NFL. I don't see the street ball thing. I watch a ton of college hoops and pro hoops and I don't see a lot of difference. The pro game is very guard oriented now. They are allowed to play a zone so the game looks very similar to the college game. In years past when zones were illegal the games looked very different. Not so much now. If you look at the guys kicking butt in the NBA, many of them are guys you saw playing in Final Fours past. There area few foreign guys doing well like Rubio and Ginobli and Tony Parker. But most of them come from the college ranks.

Plus the NBA is THE best ticket value in sports. You can go on stubhub and get four tickets for the game and spend $25. You can't go to a movie that cheap. If you look at my team, the Orlando Magic, our main guys are Big Bay (2006 Final Four) Arron Afflalo (2006, 2007 Final Four), J.J. Redick (ACC all-time scoring leader) Jameer Nelson (great career at St. Joseph's). If you follow the college game you should recognize most of the guys on our team. Then you have teams like the Warriors with Steph Curry who took Davidson to the Sweet Sixteen, Lee who helped us win the SEC Tournament in '05. The Clippers have Blake Griffin who took Oklahoma to an Elite Eight and Bledsoe, Chris Paul who was on the last good Wake team, etc. Even the Lakers have guys like Jodie Meeks And Steve Nash who engineered a #15 over #2 upset for Santa Clara in the NCAA Tournament.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:34 pm

I'd much rather watch college basketball or football but I'd much rather watch the NFL than the NBA.

I didn't even realize the NBA had started allowing zone defenses. It's just not something I care to keep up with.
Probably my biggest problem with pro sports is that you can't keep a team. One year you like a team and their players then the next year your favorite player is playing for your least favorite team. It just gets old to me. That and the way they keep changing the rules. They pretty much let them walk all over the court, they can palm the ball all day long, and now you can't get in front of someone going to the basket due to the arc they drew in the paint. They did that so the crowd could see more dunks.

Now that crap is finding it's way into the college game. They seem to be giving everyone an extra step now.
It's beginning to be like that crappy game they call hockey. Next thing you know they will start allowing fighting if it brings in more tickets.

The local farm club hockey team here in Knoxville has a "guaranteed fight night" so they can sell tickets. That tells you how dang boring it is to watch that crap.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:32 am

The hop step is my pet peeve. But they allow that in college ball too. They cracked down on palming a while back so you don't see that much anymore. Hopefully they will crack down on leaving your feet with ball and coming back down and jumping again.

I don't mind guys switching teams too much . Being a Magic fan I've seen Shaq leave and now D12. It sucks but Shaq went on to win four rings. Can't argue with that. And Lebron has already played in two Finals since he left Cleveland and won one in two years. Hard to argue that too. You can't expect teams who didn't win to stand pat. If you didn't win the title, you should be looking to improve. Same should go for players. If the team you're on doesn't look to have what it takes, and your contract is up, you have every right to go with another team you feel has a shot.

College is always a revolving door. Now with the one and dones even more than ever. It's just the way it is. To be honest, the Magic is more enjoyable this season without all the Dwight drama even though we will have a hard time finishing .500. There was nothing fun about last season, but going to L.A. and beating the Lakers already made this season a good one.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:06 am

jagator wrote:The hop step is my pet peeve. But they allow that in college ball too. They cracked down on palming a while back so you don't see that much anymore. Hopefully they will crack down on leaving your feet with ball and coming back down and jumping again.

I don't mind guys switching teams too much . Being a Magic fan I've seen Shaq leave and now D12. It sucks but Shaq went on to win four rings. Can't argue with that. And Lebron has already played in two Finals since he left Cleveland and won one in two years. Hard to argue that too. You can't expect teams who didn't win to stand pat. If you didn't win the title, you should be looking to improve. Same should go for players. If the team you're on doesn't look to have what it takes, and your contract is up, you have every right to go with another team you feel has a shot.

College is always a revolving door. Now with the one and dones even more than ever. It's just the way it is. To be honest, the Magic is more enjoyable this season without all the Dwight drama even though we will have a hard time finishing .500. There was nothing fun about last season, but going to L.A. and beating the Lakers already made this season a good one.

I agree on the hop step. I'm seeing a lot of that in AAU. Some refs will let it go, others call the walk. It's very inconsistent but 20 years ago it was a walk all day long.

Once again, that's my problem with professional basketball. A Floridian may be a huge Howard fan. Buys up bunches of Howard/Magic jerseys or just memorabilia. Next thing you know he's a Laker.

It's just a pain in the ass.

I have always been a Bronco fan and I've always liked Tebow. I was tickled when he went to Denver. Next thing you know he's in New York sitting the bench for that fat slob/foot fetish so-called coach for the Jets.

Just pisses me off!
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah I chuckle a bit at people wearing #12 jerseys to the game now. I'd have burned mine first. But if he wins a ring then more power to him
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:10 pm

jagator wrote:Yeah I chuckle a bit at people wearing #12 jerseys to the game now. I'd have burned mine first. But if he wins a ring then more power to him

Sounds like Tebow may soon be a Florida resident again.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Or maybe not. This is why the jaguars will soon be in Las Vegas. Absolutely the biggest idiots in sports.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down