BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petrino Has Interest In UK Job

+2
Big Blue Nation
Carolina Kat
6 posters

Go down

Petrino Has Interest In UK Job Empty Petrino Has Interest In UK Job

Post  Carolina Kat Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Bobby Petrino interested in Kentucky
Updated: November 7, 2012, 11:37 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Bobby Petrino has interest in returning to coaching at Kentucky, his father told the Louisville Courier-Journal on Wednesday.

"I just know this, that he's interested in Kentucky," Bobby Petrino Sr. told the newspaper. "He wants to stay in the SEC. That was his life's goal was to go to the SEC."

While the elder Petrino would like to see his son land at Kentucky, which announced Sunday that Joker Phillips would not return next season, Yahoo Sports! reported the same day the Wildcats would not consider hiring Petrino.

Petrino was fired by fellow SEC school Arkansas in April after a motorcycle accident and subsequent revelation of an affair with a 25-year-old woman who worked for him. Petrino lost $21 million in potential earnings and what he called his "dream job."

"You know, he made mistakes," Petrino Sr. told the paper, "but he couldn't have gone through any punishment worse than losing his job. He's missed coaching tremendously."

Petrino does have ties to the state of Kentucky, having coached at Louisville, where he went 41-9 from 2003-06. He guided the Cardinals to an Orange Bowl victory over Wake Forest in his final season.

Petrino's offense was among the top three in the SEC in each of the past three years at Arkansas. And his offense at Louisville was among the top 10 in the nation for four consecutive seasons.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Petrino Has Interest In UK Job Empty Re: Petrino Has Interest In UK Job

Post  Big Blue Nation Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Well, this is what I have to say about this. Barnhart had better at least talk to Petrino about the job. If he hires a coach and it does not work out, when Petrino was interested in the job and it comes out that Barnhart did not even talk to Petrino about the position, Barnhart will be run out of the state of Kentucky on a rail.
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:33 am

Why not give Bobby a chance to come here, turn his life and the program around all in one swoop? Yeah he might not stay forever, probably 4 years at best if another, more attractive job comes up but he can make UK more attractive in football. Barnhart if he's not thinking about talking to Bobby then he should be smacked upside his head with a tack hammer because he's a retard.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm not a fan. Yes he's a good coach but what does that say about Kentucky? We don't care what kind of trash we bring in as long as they win?
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  WayneChismsHeadBand Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 pm

stuckinknoxville wrote:I'm not a fan. Yes he's a good coach but what does that say about Kentucky? We don't care what kind of trash we bring in as long as they win?

Get over yourself. I am so tired of hearing this reasoning. Either we hire him and beat some ass, or he'll go to UT and beat ours. I could give two poops about his morals, I am tired of watching terrible football. But we will do the same old stupid POOP, and in 5 years be hiring someone else. But hey he was a "great guy" we had.
WayneChismsHeadBand
WayneChismsHeadBand

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Write the check for cryin out loud!
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 pm

WayneChismsHeadBand wrote:
stuckinknoxville wrote:I'm not a fan. Yes he's a good coach but what does that say about Kentucky? We don't care what kind of trash we bring in as long as they win?

Get over yourself. I am so tired of hearing this reasoning. Either we hire him and beat some ass, or he'll go to UT and beat ours. I could give two poops about his morals, I am tired of watching terrible football. But we will do the same old stupid POOP, and in 5 years be hiring someone else. But hey he was a "great guy" we had.

It has nothing to do with me Moron. I'm talking about hiring someone who has some morals to represent the school. You don't have to hire trash to win games.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  WayneChismsHeadBand Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 am

stuckinknoxville wrote:

It has nothing to do with me Moron. I'm talking about hiring someone who has some morals to represent the school. You don't have to hire trash to win games.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. You we're probably in the "I don't want Cal camp" too. Funny how all of you all disappeared. And call Petrino trash is a bit much, the best coaches are assholes plain and simple. UK needs one, because one who is won't put up with the administrations bull POOP and feet dragging when it comes to getting things done. You can believe that some magic man exists out there that will win and be everyone's best pal, and maybe there is. The last 50 years say otherwise. And don't throw out Brooks and his mediocre 6 win teams with 4 wins coming over gimme win teams. I am talking about actually WINNING. A concept that is obviously hard to grasp for some fans and evidently the blue hairs and Mitch Barnhardt. Not hiring Petrino is like not hiring Schenellenberger all over again except worse. UK has consistently shown terrible judgement when it comes to football. How many dumbass dipshit decisions will it take until everyone wakes up. What's the definition of insanity? UK coaching hires.....
WayneChismsHeadBand
WayneChismsHeadBand

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Whatever helps you sleep at night. You we're probably in the "I don't want Cal camp" too. Funny how all of you all disappeared. And call Petrino trash is a bit much, the best coaches are assholes plain and simple. UK needs one, because one who is won't put up with the administrations bull POOP and feet dragging when it comes to getting things done. You can believe that some magic man exists out there that will win and be everyone's best pal, and maybe there is. The last 50 years say otherwise. And don't throw out Brooks and his mediocre 6 win teams with 4 wins coming over gimme win teams. I am talking about actually WINNING. A concept that is obviously hard to grasp for some fans and evidently the blue hairs and Mitch Barnhardt. Not hiring Petrino is like not hiring Schenellenberger all over again except worse. UK has consistently shown terrible judgement when it comes to football. How many dumbass dipshit decisions will it take until everyone wakes up. What's the definition of insanity? UK coaching hires.....

Please. If you were ever on this board or firetubbysmith.com for any length of time you'll know I was always against Billie Clyde and for Calipari the first time we replaced Tubby.
Here's a word for you, "integrity". Look it up.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down