BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNC Loses Again

3 posters

Go down

UNC Loses Again Empty UNC Loses Again

Post  Carolina Kat Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:44 am

Final From Chapel Hill

Virginia 75
North Carolina 60

Heels On Road Next Two Games - lol!

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

UNC Loses Again Empty Re: UNC Loses Again

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:27 am

Don't think we have to worry about getting to win 3000 before UNC does. Very Happy
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 pm

I love this. We have gone from a UNC repeat to now them going to NIT.....Just watched espn talking to bob knight about unc, of course UK was brought up. He did not take any swipes at UK though.
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Updated: February 1, 2010, 5:45 PM ET

Williams: 'How can you go any lower?'

ESPN.com news service

North Carolina coach Roy Williams can't fathom what else could go wrong for the unranked and struggling Tar Heels after Virginia handed UNC its worst home loss since 2003 on Sunday.

"How can you go any lower?" Williams asked after the game, according to The Charlotte Observer. "Be honest: How can it be any worse than it is right now?" cheers

This is how far and how fast the defending national champions (13-8, 2-4 ACC) have plummeted: In the space of three weeks, they've fallen out of the Top 25, sunk to near the bottom of the conference standings and lost four of their last five -- including three of their last four at home.

Historically, the Heels have dominated at home. Entering Sunday night, Virginia had won only five times in 68 tries at Chapel Hill. But that was then, and this was Sunday: The Cavaliers reeled off an 18-0 run in the second half and throttled UNC 75-60, behind Sylven Landesberg's 29 points.

Sammy Zeglinski added 19 points, including a pair of 3-pointers that gave Virginia, which led 35-32 at halftime, a 21-point lead with 14:20 remaining. North Carolina shot 35.7 percent from the field, committed 17 turnovers and never led.

It was UNC's worst loss at home since an 81-66 loss to Maryland on Jan. 22, 2003. That team finished 16-14.

"We've got a lot of problems, and staying in front of the basketball has been one from Day 1 with this team," Williams said after Sunday's game as he teared up Sad in frustration, according to The Observer. "And I really thought we could be a good defensive team, and we haven't shown that. Two or three games I thought we were really good defensively. Last game, I thought we were really good defensively ... but we're not really good defensively on a consistent basis."

The Tar Heels started the season 12-4, with a win over Michigan State and losses to Kentucky, Syracuse, Texas and Charleston. But they've gone 1-4 since a loss at Clemson on Jan. 13. A week ago, they fell out of the ESPN/USA Today coaches' Top 25 for the first time since January 2006.

UNC has 10 games left in the regular season, all in the ACC -- including two against archrival Duke (No. 9 ESPN/USA Today, No. 10 AP) -- and six of those games are on the road.

Meanwhile, Virginia (13-6, 4-2 ACC) is now tied with Maryland for second in the ACC. Duke leads the standings with one more conference win (16-3, 5-2).

North Carolina is just one loss ahead of Miami and NC State in the conference basement.

"Ol' Roy's been awfully lucky in his entire life and things have been very smooth, but right now they're not," Williams said, according to the Winston-Salem Journal. "I've got to do a better job with my team than what I'm doing right now." lol!

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:42 am

WHERE IS ALL THE COMPARISONS TO UK & UNC FRESHMEN??? I think I remember how great this group was suppose to be for UNC this year and how they were going to easily make another run for championship, or was that the day I was smoking the wacky weed in my crack pipe???
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down