BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNC's Roy Williams Goes Off AGAIN...

2 posters

Go down

UNC's Roy Williams Goes Off AGAIN... Empty UNC's Roy Williams Goes Off AGAIN...

Post  Carolina Kat Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:48 pm

Roy Williams disgusted by UNC fans who sold tickets in Las Vegas

By Andrew Carter
acarter@newsobserver.com

Posted: Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011

CHAPEL HILL — Roy Williams during his weekly radio show on Monday night had strong words for North Carolina fans who sold their tickets behind the Tar Heels’ bench to UNLV fans in Las Vegas during UNC’s trip there for the Las Vegas Invitational.

Asked on Tuesday to elaborate on his comments, Williams didn’t back down. He said it was “disappointing” that UNC fans had sold tickets they had obtained through the Rams Club, the UNC athletic booster organization.

Here’s what Williams said on Tuesday:

“It’s frustrating, it’s disappointing. Do you think ESPN likes Fox to be successful? You think Nike likes Under Armour to be successful? I mean, I’m competing out there. I don’t like our fans to help the other team by either giving or selling their tickets. That’s disappointing. And to do it right beside our families, you know, that’s the biggest thing. And then to have somebody that’s just negative, negative, negative right in five feet of an assistant coach’s wife for two nights.

“You know you get tired of that. But it’s something that’s always bothered me. It will always bother me. A hundred years ago I’m watching in Lawrence, Kansas, and North Carolina’s playing North Carolina State and there were five million red shirts in the crowd. And if I’d had a BB gun, five million red shirts would have had a burned rear end. Because I just don’t like those kinds of things. I mean, seriously. You guys like it when all the Internet people beat you on a story? I mean, that’s what it is. It’s competition. And if you were my friend, you are not going to help the competition.”

As Williams was talking, a tape recorder begin emitting a high-pitched noise that interrupted him.

“Must be a State fan,” Williams said of the interruption. “Or a UNLV [fan]. Or maybe it’s a Ram’s Club member.”

Williams continued …

“Steve’s over here saying stop, stop, stop,” he said, referencing UNC basketball spokesman Steve Kirschner. “Guys, I’m serious. I’m in Lawrence, Kansas, watching that game and there was 5,000 red shirts in this arena. That bothers me. And it should bother you. Seriously, you think about it. The Internet people – you guys enjoy them? Be honest. You don’t enjoy that stuff. Nike does not like Under Armour. Nationwide does not like State Farm. Coca-Cola does not like Pepsi.

“It’s competition. So if you are my friend, then be my friend.”

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

UNC's Roy Williams Goes Off AGAIN... Empty Re: UNC's Roy Williams Goes Off AGAIN...

Post  jagator Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:38 am

sounds like somebody needs a hug. I guess when a bunch of people wearing baby blue show up at Wake or NC State's arena he has no problem with that. Look, if people decide they can't make it to the game for whatever reason and they put the tix up for sale on stub hub, there is no guarantee that an opposing fan won't buy the tickets. Get over it. You were on the road against UNLV dumbass. Did you not think there would be UNLV fans there? Really?
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down