BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crickets....Crickets

+8
Mikey
Californication
MULECHOPS
BestdamnUKfanperiod
Blue Dude
agent 00
jagator
Bho
12 posters

Go down

Crickets....Crickets Empty Crickets....Crickets

Post  Bho Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:10 am

That's what I expect to see in this forum until basketball. Jesus I have not seen that bad of a quarter in a really long time. Shocked
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Crickets....Crickets Empty Re: Crickets....Crickets

Post  jagator Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:04 am

firejoker.com anybody?
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:17 am

We'll be lucky to go 4-8 this season. That was just awful. I thought the O-line was supposed to be the strength of the season but couldn't open holes against a 1-AA defense that went 2-10 last year. Not to mention the fact Morgan Newton absolutely sucks hogs balls!!
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:27 am

jagator wrote:firejoker.com anybody?

I've been saying that for almost 7 years now...
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 am

I never seen a team look to sad, I seen high school teams play better.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:34 am

Blue Dude wrote:

I've been saying that for almost 7 years now...

AGREED
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Agreed Joker must go. It's pretty sad when the punter is the MVP.

Hire Mike Leach anybody?
agent 00
agent 00

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:26 pm

agent 00 wrote:Agreed Joker must go. It's pretty sad when the punter is the MVP.

Hire Mike Leach anybody?

I was thinking the guy from Oklahoma State because he's a man and he's 40! /angryrampageonpress. Laughing

Pay him a decent amount and say you get a chance to coach in the SEC, not too many people would reject that I don't think.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:53 pm

They will never get a good coach. It's a basketball state. Geez, they sucked last night. Morgan Newton looked lost, and has no touch on a short pass or screen pass. And that play calling was thrilling. I won't be watching much UK football if that's how it is going to be. Defense looked better than last year, but offense was horrible. Worse than horrible.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:27 am

Californication wrote:They will never get a good coach. It's a basketball state. Geez, they sucked last night. Morgan Newton looked lost, and has no touch on a short pass or screen pass. And that play calling was thrilling. I won't be watching much UK football if that's how it is going to be. Defense looked better than last year, but offense was horrible. Worse than horrible.

While I will agree we are a roundball state, I do think we could land a top notch coach if we really tried. UL is just as much a B-ball school as UK and they had a very good coch in Petrino. We just need to go after top guys.
Mikey
Mikey

Favorite NFL team: : Bengals

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:38 am

When I look at the staff it looks like a bunch of Jokers buddies instead of real good coaches. Minter was at Indiana St and he sucked there. I have no clue why they thought he would do something in the SEC. And I am tired of people saying well we did win last night that counts. Well hell yeah we should have won, but it should have been by 20 at least. Joker is a good man, but I never seen a team look so confused and lost last night.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:06 am

I think what you need to do is ask yourself how Florida became a basketball power despite being a football school and do what we did. Hire a bright young man who was a player and asst under one of the top coaches in the game. You should be looking at somebody who is a Spurrier or Saban protege. Somebody who knows how to win in the SEC. Kerwin Bell pops into my head right off the bat.
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Jag, I think you're right and on top of that make it known and well known that football is a priority. You may have to hire a marketing company to really get the message out and put together some aggressive season ticket plans. Wherever Calipari goes, the new coach goes as well. But with that in mind, you don't want some homer looking like a dumb ass standing beside Calipari. You need someone to get excited about - not just some has been or want-to-be. It's going to take some effort but it can be done.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:14 pm

As long as fans show up (hell I have tickets to the Louisville game). It will stay the same. Joker is safe this year of course. My question is how long UK will tolerate this guy coaching this team.
My guess is one more year when the stands are getting empty.
Such a waste of projected talent on this team.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Joker is appropriately named for what he does as a coach.

I can't even like college football because of how bad UK sucks. I can't cheer for any other SEC team because basketball has made me hate every team in the SEC.

Rar-blah-rar. Yes, I'm pouting. Sad
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  truebluewildcatgirl Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:26 am

Mitch is the AD and thinks that should make him the Big Dog in the Athletic Department. From everything I've gathered, he had no interest in going after Calipari because he knew that Cal would become the face of UK Athletics, instead of him. UK fans want a good football team, and I believe UK boosters do as well. The problem is none of them are as powerful, $$$ and prestige wise, as the boosters who landed Cal and made that deal happen. It's a crock of screwing BULLPOOP is what it is.

truebluewildcatgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:59 pm

i think the problem with UK Football is that because they have sucked for so long, people just got used to it and use the games as an excuse to say screw it, let's get drunk and party and have fun with that rather than enjoy a game. With that came the lack of caring and demand for a good program because people were always like, 'Well, at least the basketball team still kicks ass' and that's why football is in the gutter. There's no demand for improvement by the fan base and the school clearly doesn't care because they've been through so many coaches, and years where the football program has been awful with a good-decent year every once in a blue moon.

To all those finally coming on board the "Fire Joker" bandwagon that I've been on since he was an Offensive Coordinator/Head Coach of the Offense/Head Coach in waiting/Whatever ridiculous titles he's held before I got two words for you:

WELCOME ABOARD!
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  truebluewildcatgirl Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:45 am

i'll disagree, i think the majority of UK fans are dying for a good football program and are embarrassed at what we have now

truebluewildcatgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:08 am

Blue Dude wrote:i think the problem with UK Football is that because they have sucked for so long, people just got used to it and use the games as an excuse to say screw it, let's get drunk and party and have fun with that rather than enjoy a game. With that came the lack of caring and demand for a good program because people were always like, 'Well, at least the basketball team still kicks ass' and that's why football is in the gutter. There's no demand for improvement by the fan base and the school clearly doesn't care because they've been through so many coaches, and years where the football program has been awful with a good-decent year every once in a blue moon.

To all those finally coming on board the "Fire Joker" bandwagon that I've been on since he was an Offensive Coordinator/Head Coach of the Offense/Head Coach in waiting/Whatever ridiculous titles he's held before I got two words for you:

WELCOME ABOARD!

I use to go to a lot of football games, yes it was fun to tailgate before the game with other fans, but come game time it was time to cheer on the team. My thing is that a lot of fans just seem to settle for beating non conference weak teams and making a bowl game. Some fans take it serious and some don't, I know I just got tired of going to games to watch poor coaching and watching some kids bust their ass and others just give up, I see teams like Boise St,TCU put up unreal points and we have a hard time scoring 6. Its really sad. Brooks got UK back to bowl games and they should have built on that but they haven't. Instead of going to get a real coach they just settle for Joker . Now I don't hate Joker, He is a good man. I just don't think he is head coach material. I just want the Cats to be respected in the SEC and they are not. Why Mitch can't see that I have no clue. You see a player like Cobb come here and bust his butt and risk himself in a lot of games while you have some coaches calling plays to get his head knocked off. How the poor kid didn't get seriously hurt amazes me. Don't be surprised if Newton goes down this year because of terrible play calling. I think more fans are getting tired of getting our butts kicked in the SEC and are finally starting to wake up, at least I hope so. I will watch my CATS and cheer them on. But I won't be a fan happy with poor coaching and loosing over and over in the conference. I am hoping Joker proves me wrong. But the other night was embarrassing .
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:44 am

I tried my best to give Joker a fair shot to lead the football program at least a notch or two above what Brooks was able to do but it's fairly obvious that's not going to happen. Instead, I fear we're gonna sink back to the bottom of the SEC and not even make it to lower tier bowl games. He should have done much better last year than 6-7 with the talent he had. Now that the playmakers are gone, he has no clue. Ryan Mossakowski couldn't possibly be worse than Newton but we obviously don't have that option now that he transferred. Now it appears our best QB is a senior in HS but we'll need a real coach to utilize his talent.
agent 00
agent 00

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:42 am

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:
Blue Dude wrote:i think the problem with UK Football is that because they have sucked for so long, people just got used to it and use the games as an excuse to say screw it, let's get drunk and party and have fun with that rather than enjoy a game. With that came the lack of caring and demand for a good program because people were always like, 'Well, at least the basketball team still kicks ass' and that's why football is in the gutter. There's no demand for improvement by the fan base and the school clearly doesn't care because they've been through so many coaches, and years where the football program has been awful with a good-decent year every once in a blue moon.

WELCOME ABOARD!

I use to go to a lot of football games, yes it was fun to tailgate before the game with other fans, but come game time it was time to cheer on the team. My thing is that a lot of fans just seem to settle for beating non conference weak teams and making a bowl game. Some fans take it serious and some don't, I know I just got tired of going to games to watch poor coaching and watching some kids bust their ass and others just give up, I see teams like Boise St,TCU put up unreal points and we have a hard time scoring 6. Its really sad. Brooks got UK back to bowl games and they should have built on that but they haven't. Instead of going to get a real coach they just settle for Joker . Now I don't hate Joker, He is a good man. I just don't think he is head coach material. I just want the Cats to be respected in the SEC and they are not. Why Mitch can't see that I have no clue. You see a player like Cobb come here and bust his butt and risk himself in a lot of games while you have some coaches calling plays to get his head knocked off. How the poor kid didn't get seriously hurt amazes me. Don't be surprised if Newton goes down this year because of terrible play calling. I think more fans are getting tired of getting our butts kicked in the SEC and are finally starting to wake up, at least I hope so. I will watch my CATS and cheer them on. But I won't be a fan happy with poor coaching and loosing over and over in the conference. I am hoping Joker proves me wrong. But the other night was embarrassing .

For the record, I will add that I don't hate Joker as a person, I can't I don't know the gentlemen personally, but I can hate him as a coach and that's all this has been about for me. I saw that we were in trouble when I saw ZERO improvement on offense in guys not named Locke or Cobb and he's supposed to be this OFFENSIVE GUY. I also saw we were in trouble when we played UT at our House 2 years ago, lead at halftime and Joker inexplicably decided to let the then Freshman Morgan Newton pass the ball the majority of the time instead of continue to do run plays, which worked all first half and I feel we lost because of that. They had 3 guys, Locke/Cobb/Alfonso Smith, all speedsters that could run the ball against UT and Morgan could have as well as he's not a slouch in the speed dept either. That right there definitely did it for me, but I was never, ever really impressed with him before that game. Don't forget Screen Pass play calls on OUR 5 yard line or less and it only getting us back to the line of scrimmage or loss of yards!

But yeah as far as folks settling on just beating Non-Conference teams and Vanderbilt, because lets face it they're even more of a bottom feeder than UK is at football, that was basically my point as well. I basically agree with everything you posted and I too am shocked that Cobb didn't get seriously hurt or develop back problems for carrying the load for 3 years. I do not wish it but I hope Morgan Newton like you said doesn't get hurt either and with Brooks, who I wasn't necessarily impressed with either, did get us to the level John L Smith got UL to, 6-7 wins and a bowl and towards the end of his tenure we should went and found our version of Bobby Petrino instead of settling.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:08 am

jagator wrote:I think what you need to do is ask yourself how Florida became a basketball power despite being a football school and do what we did. Hire a bright young man who was a player and asst under one of the top coaches in the game. You should be looking at somebody who is a Spurrier or Saban protege. Somebody who knows how to win in the SEC. Kerwin Bell pops into my head right off the bat.

A basketball power? Meh. One good group that won back to back does not equal powerhouse. But we do need a better coach.
Bho
Bho

Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  warhammer Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:12 am

Dump Joker and promote the dandy one. A lot of you guys thought he was the best thing since sliced bread when you got him.
warhammer
warhammer

Favorite College team: : Tennessee Volunteers
Favorite NFL team: : Tennessee Titans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum