BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas A&M Considering SEC

Go down

Texas A&M Considering SEC Empty Texas A&M Considering SEC

Post  Carolina Kat Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:37 am

Updated: August 10, 2011, 8:19 PM ET

Report: Texas A&M considering SEC

By David Ubben
ESPN.com
Archive

Texas Gov. Rick Perry says his alma mater, Texas A&M, and the SEC are discussing the Aggies possible future membership in the league, according to a report in the Dallas Morning News.

Perry was asked by reporters from the paper on Wednesday about recent swirling speculation surrounding the move.

"I'll be real honest with you. I just read about it the same time as y'all did. ... As far as I know, conversations are being had. That's frankly all I know. I just refer you to the university and the decision makers over there."

Perry once served as a yell leader for the university, whose president, R. Bowen Loftin, recently acknowledged that there was "uncertainty" regarding the university's future membership in the Big 12.

Texas A&M released this statement to multiple media outlets: "President Loftin is committed to doing what is best for Texas A&M not only now, but also into the future. We continue to have wide-ranging conversations regarding all aspects of the university, including both academics and athletics."

Texas A&M discussed membership in the league last summer with the Big 12's future in doubt, but university leaders chose to remain in the Big 12.

Texas A&M leaders have expressed concern about the Longhorn Network's effect on the longterm stability of the Big 12, and rumors of renewed talks between the university and the conference have persisted in recent weeks.

David Ubben covers the Big 12 for ESPN.com.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down