BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats talk about the matchup with Florida and their recent issues

Go down

Cats talk about the matchup with Florida and their recent issues Empty Cats talk about the matchup with Florida and their recent issues

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Cats talk about the matchup with Florida and their recent issues

by Hunter Campbell @ 1:00 pm. Filed under Blue Blooded Opinions

tjones1

Let’s see what the Cats had to say about Florida ahead of today’s huge showdown [via UK Athletics]:

#3, Terrence Jones,

On if there is revenge in facing Florida …
“Of course. There always is anytime you lose, especially the way we lost in Florida and with it being so close and with us having the lead with such little time left. We were just two rebounds away from winning the game.”

On the key to a win Saturday …
“Rebounds. We let two offensive rebounds go in the earlier game with (Florida) that changed the whole game. That will be important.”

On if he is worried about the team’s confidence …
“I’m not really worried about people’s confidence at home. It seems like people … I really hope I don’t jinx us when I say this; but it seems like people really step up when we are at home.”

#12, Brandon Knight,

On how the team feels after the loss at Arkansas …
“I am mad as an individual and I am pretty sure everyone else is pretty mad as well. But I know how I feel. Angry. Upset. Knowing that we should have won. It’s difficult to lose to teams that we are better than. Some people ask if we feel pressure, but I don’t think we should. We just feel like we have to work harder to play better. We have to continue to work at it and eventually things will come our way.”

On what he thinks is wrong with their play after watching the film …
“When you look at the films, you can see that guys are looking to someone else to make a play. You can kind of see that we are not as aggressive and confident as we should be. That’s not the type of team we are and it’s not the way we want to play. Not sure why that is, but it is. I think we just come out and we play. We haven’t been worrying about it, so why worry about it. We just have to try something different to pull out these wins.”

On playing with confidence …
“I think we have to remember to let things go when they don’t go our way. I am not scared to miss a shot that are good looks. You are happy when you make it and you just have to do something different when you don’t. I think that’s the good thing about great players. I am not going to hold the ball or take a dribble and try to create something that’s not there. If I have an open shot, I’m going to shoot it. If it goes, it goes. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t. That’s why I work hard in the gym and put up a lot of shots, so that I have confidence in my shots.”

#34, DeAndre Liggins,

On his technical foul …
“Coach (John) Calipari told me to just leave the official alone, play ball and let him do all the talking to the officials. I just have to leave it up to the coach and let him deal with the officials.”

On the loss against Arkansas …
“That was a pretty tough loss. We are just trying to move on. We need to take care of our play and focus on the game tomorrow at home. Everybody has been positive because we all know what we have to do in order to get back on the right track. Me, personally, I am (angry). I play to win. I’m not selfish, but I play to win. I’m (angry). I just have to get it together and step my game up another notch.”

On the upcoming game against Florida …
“When (Florida) is on the road, they actually pull out a win. We don’t do that. We sometimes turn the ball over and we are not as aggressive as we should be down the stretch. But Florida, they make plays down the stretch and pull off close games back-to-back.”
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats talk about the matchup with Florida and their recent issues Empty Re: Cats talk about the matchup with Florida and their recent issues

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:34 pm

From Jones

On if he is worried about the team’s confidence …
“I’m not really worried about people’s confidence at home. It seems like people … I really hope I don’t jinx us when I say this; but it seems like people really step up when we are at home.”

The kid shouldn't even say the word jinx and needs to say We are ready to win anywhere we play. Sometimes I wonder if this team has doubts when they are on the road before the game even starts.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down