BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this years team

+6
stuckinknoxville
Big Blue Nation
MULECHOPS
BestdamnUKfanperiod
Bho
aaronlovesthecats322010
10 posters

Go down

this years team Empty this years team

Post  aaronlovesthecats322010 Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:31 pm

I love the cats last year. I love this team more. Not exactly sure why. They have this quality about them and no egos or troublemakers
on this team.
aaronlovesthecats322010
aaronlovesthecats322010

Favorite College team: : the cats
Favorite NFL team: : titans

Back to top Go down

this years team Empty Re: this years team

Post  Bho Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:57 am

So last year's team had trouble makers? I like this team, but I don't know how anyone could like this team more than last years. I agree they seems to be less egos, but I like swagger.
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:00 am

aaronlovesthecats322010 wrote:I love the cats last year. I love this team more. Not exactly sure why. They have this quality about them and no egos or troublemakers
on this team.

Team just seems to make the right choices. And they keep improving each game. Last years team did have a lil ego in games, This team is silent but deadly.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:22 am

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:
aaronlovesthecats322010 wrote:I love the cats last year. I love this team more. Not exactly sure why. They have this quality about them and no egos or troublemakers
on this team.

Team just seems to make the right choices. And they keep improving each game. Last years team did have a lil ego in games, This team is silent but deadly.
Did you have beans for supper Best? Laughing
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:39 am

MULECHOPS wrote:
BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:
on this team.

Did you have beans for supper Best? Laughing

Sounds like it don't it. lol
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Blue Nation Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:08 pm

I agree, this years team seems to be less confrontational when confronted with coaching. If we had one more big man I could see this team doing more than last years team due to their attitudes. With the right "breaks" they still might. cheers
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:55 pm

This team is smarter.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:25 pm

This team does not have that refuse to lose mentality that last years team did. I hope they get it come this March. but if this team played last years team, I think last years would win, maybe not a blow out but a definite win.
Mikey
Mikey

Favorite NFL team: : Bengals

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:52 pm

I love this team, likes last years also. Only thing that worries me this year is foul trouble. We are kicking butt right now, but come March when we play teams like in top 10 are we going to be able to stay out of foul trouble? Just wish we had Enes to help out.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:43 am

Mikey wrote:This team does not have that refuse to lose mentality that last years team did. I hope they get it come this March. but if this team played last years team, I think last years would win, maybe not a blow out but a definite win.

Well we'll never know but I'm not sure that would happen. Last years team was terrible shooters. Liggins is much better this year.
If they were to play each other I'm sure the 2009 team would try to dump it to Boog and 2Pat and go for the mismatch. Of course this team would stay in the game with 3 pointers, which was not a trait of last year's bunch.
Also, the 2010 team would probably throw a 1-3-1 defense on the court.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 am

This team shoots so much better from the perimeter. Their shooting from 3 makes them a threat in every game. If Jones keeps dishing from the double team like he has, they will be a tough out. Jorts has learned to move without the ball. They are very hard to defend right now.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  SuckITCalH8ers Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:57 pm

I think what helps us this year is Liggins, Miller and Harrellson. Knight, Lamb and Jones are a lot more talented than those guys, but, their experience is something that last year's team lacked. Patterson, as good as he was, wasn't a true upperclassman. He kinda hung around and took what was given to him as opposed to just taking it for himself.

I see Liggins, Miller and Harrellson creating opportunities for themselves and taking advantage of those opportunities. Liggins and Miller are diving all over the place this year. I think I've seen Liggins diving after a loose ball nearly every game this season. We didn't have guys doing things like that last year. I think Harrellson has learned a lot about how to play down low and is asserting himself more as a true big man.

When you have great leadership guys and extremely talented freshman playing well together, you're going to have a very good season. These guys have a lot more basketball intelligence than last year's team did. No disrespect to those players, because that team was fun to watch, but, you can see that this team seems to understand the fundamentals more than last year's squad.

The only thing we're missing is depth. We need Vargas to up his game. He's big and we cannot rely solely on Harrellson. We haven't seen much of Stacey Poole. I'm not sure if he's been in the doghouse or what, but, we could surely use his help as well. Obviously he's got game being a four star recruit. If we get just those two guys to step up, we're in really solid shape to make a title run.
SuckITCalH8ers
SuckITCalH8ers

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:32 pm

I am not saying this team isnt talented, they are very much so. But they dont have that mental toughness that last years freshmen had. and the only time I didnt see it was when we lost to West Virgina.
Mikey
Mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  Waterboy Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:24 am

Seems to me they're more open to constructive criticism given by Coach. They don't pout and make up for less flash with more consistent hustle. IMHO
Waterboy
Waterboy

Favorite College team: : Cats of course!!!
Favorite NFL team: : No Particular , old Dolphin fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:07 am

I don't know Mikey. This team seems to be pretty tough. Every time UL knocked, they answered. I feel very comfortable with this team simply because they shoot the ball so well. This team will not have a shooting nightmare like last year's team. It will be a good ride.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:06 am

Mikey wrote:I am not saying this team isnt talented, they are very much so. But they dont have that mental toughness that last years freshmen had. and the only time I didnt see it was when we lost to West Virgina.

Not sure Mike, I think Lamb and Knight have more mental toughness then say Cousins and Bledsoe. And Jones hasn't been in foul trouble in a while. This team to me doesn't get as frustrated as last years team. Last years team took a lil while to come together this years team seems to have learn quick.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:39 pm

They are one Enes Kanter away from being a better "team".
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Once again, I am not saying this team isnt good or dont have talent, but it seems that some of you guys think this team could beat the 1996 team, I just aint seeing it.
Mikey
Mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Mikey wrote:Once again, I am not saying this team isnt good or dont have talent, but it seems that some of you guys think this team could beat the 1996 team, I just aint seeing it.

Comparing last year and 1996 team is two very different things. I didn't see where that was mentioned.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:24 am

Mikey wrote:Once again, I am not saying this team isnt good or dont have talent, but it seems that some of you guys think this team could beat the 1996 team, I just aint seeing it.

That came from left field. I can count the teams in the history of the NCAA that could beat that team on one hand, and I'd have to do some digging to find any. I thought we were talking about this team's toughness and future compared to last year. If this team stays out of foul trouble in the tournament, they have a better chance of a deep run than last year's team primarily due to their perimeter shooting.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down