BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2010 Post Season Football Report Card

4 posters

Go down

The 2010 Post Season Football Report Card Empty The 2010 Post Season Football Report Card

Post  Blue Dude Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:57 am

So what's everyone think of the season after the final regular season game? What do you think was good, what was bad?

Sept. 4 at Louisville - W
Sept. 11 AKRON - W
Sept. 18 WESTERN KENTUCKY - W
Sept. 25 at Florida - L
Oct. 2 at Mississippi - L
Oct. 9 AUBURN - L
Oct. 16 SOUTH CAROLINA - W
Oct. 23 GEORGIA - L
Oct. 30 at Mississippi State - L
Nov. 6 CHARLESTON SO. - W
Nov. 13 VANDERBILT - W
Nov. 20 - OPEN
Nov. 27 at Tennessee - L

Total Record: 6-6 as of Nov 27, 2010.

Fans General Consenses pick for total record: 8-4

---------

The Good: Cobb and Locke, when healthy, both came to play as usual this year. Mike Hartline showed SOME improvement, but he's more of a game manager and won't really win you any games, in my book. Defeating South Carolina, and for all the hardcore UL haters, them too.

The Bad: THE DEFENSE. Seriously they couldn't stop anything or anybody. Steve Brown is to blame for this as he's in charge of the group as Defensive Coordinator. Some are calling for his head, and quite frankly it's deserved.

The Ugly: THE FINAL RECORD! Seriously, 6-6? REALLY?!? With THAT schedule? only had 1 traditional power of the 3-4 in the SEC on the books and 6-6 is what you get? UT was gonna be loss in my book because they never beat UT, especially at their house, but you had only FLORIDA on the books and missing the likes of Alabama and LSU. Auburn was a surprise this year, but, played them tough.

The Final Thought: I've said it for the last 3 years and I'm gonna say it again this year. This coaching staff as a whole needs to go. If UK wants to get serious about their football program and I quote "as they say they do" then they need to show the remaining Rich Brooks left behinds the door. Joker does not deserve a break as he's been with this program as a coach for 7-8 years and should know better. If Joker is given another year, then Steve Brown needs to be in the unemployment line ASAP.

If Randall Cobb decides to go pro, then thank you sir for carrying the team on your back for the last 3 years. You deserve to be paid and hopefully the NFL team you join will have the proper talent around you so that you don't have to be the ONLY guy making a difference because your RB gets hurt too much too and your QB sucks.

The Grade: D- (beating S. Carolina is the only reason its not an F)
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

The 2010 Post Season Football Report Card Empty Re: The 2010 Post Season Football Report Card

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:36 am

Good post Blue,
I agree UK needs to get serious if they ever wanted to be taken serious in the SEC, S.C. was the best win, but UK had to play perfect to win, I think UK should have beat Ole Miss for sure.The others it doesn't surprised me UK lost, When we played Louisville, you could tell that we wasn't as good as people thought we would be, Cobb to me is all we really had. Locke was always hurt, Hartline did improve, but what pisses me of is having a guy like Matthews and these other WR's and not using them enough, Matthews is a senior now had 9 tds this year, tall as a oak tree but never used enough. teams knew right from the get go who to stop, Locke and Cobb, thats it. We had some young guys also this year, but hell they should know how to play football, I really believe a lot of em would just give up in a game, especially the defense. How can a head coach watch the game and just be fine with it, I would be pulling them out of the game if they didn't want to hustle.

UK also needs to get a rb who can just run over people, Locke is good, but if someone touch him he feel down. I want a team that is mean as POOP and who will come out and knock your head off and who doesn't worry about beating sucky teams and wants to win the SEC EAST that should be the Goal win the SEC EAST. But Joker and some fans are happy with going to the same bowl game every year or ones that are worse. Most fans now are starting finally to get fed up with playing behind and getting spanked my every SEC team. Hell if we can't win in the SEC, schedule West Virgina or a well known team in football, besides CHARLESTON SO. Oh well I will shut up now. JMO
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The 2010 Post Season Football Report Card Empty Re: The 2010 Post Season Football Report Card

Post  Blue Dude Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Good post too, Best. I agree with that statement of scheduling a WVU or somebody other than Charelston or whatever their name is. Going 2-6 in the SEC is becoming unacceptable to me. They need to start aiming for the minimum 4-4 in conference play. That'd be an improvement.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  sohsdragon Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:35 am

I remember seeing someone somewhere (not here) this weekend say "Hire Bobby Petrino!!"

We owe Louisville anyway. lol!
sohsdragon
sohsdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:18 am

sohsdragon wrote:I remember seeing someone somewhere (not here) this weekend say "Hire Bobby Petrino!!"

We owe Louisville anyway. lol!

I saw a comment on Facebook under the UK2K fan page or whatever it was asking everybody their thoughts on this year's record of 6-6. I commented on there as well. I think I even "Liked" that Hire Bobby comment.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Blue Nation Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Good Post. Joker is a good guy, but we need someone who will demand excellence in football. I am sick of being the doormat of the SEC. I am sick of the fact that even in our "good" years we still get beat by all of the big boys in the SEC. Fight the status quo.
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down