BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you own a sony television???

2 posters

Go down

Do you own a sony television??? Empty Do you own a sony television???

Post  cryptkeeper Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:05 am

To make a long story short, I have owned my 50" Sony projection hdtv for almost 4 yrs. My bulb went out and I ordered a new one. When it arrived I replaced it and had a red streak (about 2") across the top. I called Sony help line to find out "what I did wrong" . After going through a few test (unplugged tv) the person on the phone told me I had a problem that could not be permanently repaired, BUT offered me a deal on 4 tv's. Not really listening I told them to email me the offers and HOLY CRAP one of the offers was for a BRAND NEW 55" FLAT SCREEN TV for F R E E!!!!!

That is correct a FREE TV larger than what I had AND a flat screen. After doing a little research I found out that someone in Canada had an ad from Sony that said "The last TV you will ever own". This got out and some people filed lawsuits against Sony. So to keep people from finding out they are making deals if you have a problem with your TV. Seems like depending on who you talk to or the tv model depends on how large the free tv is (the rest of the tvs are being sold at low low low prices 2500 for 500).

So if any of you own a Sony brand tv you may want to check into this. I never expected to get anything and I thought that I had screwed something up. I even told them I thought I had screwed it up, but it didn't matter. Not only do I get the bigger tv I get to keep the old one as well (just had to take picture of the problem and mail them the sticker off the back.
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Do you own a sony television??? Empty Re: Do you own a sony television???

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Thats sweet, I have a canon camera, and it started messing up on me the other day. Well I did some research and found out I could send it in free and get it fix, I was like sweeeeeeeeet!
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down