BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeMoss Returning To Tennessee

Go down

DeMoss Returning To Tennessee Empty DeMoss Returning To Tennessee

Post  Carolina Kat Mon May 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Updated: 7:11 AM ET Thu, May. 06, 2010

DeMoss returns to Tennessee
Staff, Wire Reports

Former UK women's basketball coach Mickie DeMoss previously spent 18 years as an assistant at Tennessee.Mickie DeMoss is returning to Tennessee, where she spent 18 years as a Lady Vols assistant coach and was a part of six national championship seasons.

DeMoss left Coach Pat Summitt's staff seven seasons ago for the head coaching position at Kentucky. Four seasons later she abruptly resigned from UK and later joined Coach Gail Goestenkors' staff at Texas as an assistant.

"It is just great to be coming back to Knoxville," DeMoss said. "The University of Tennessee, the Lady Vol family and the Knoxville community have always been such a big part of my life. I was honored and excited when Pat asked if I would be interested in coming back to Tennessee."

A 33-year coaching veteran, the former Louisiana Tech point guard will fill the vacancy created when special assistant Stephanie Glance was recently hired as the Illinois State coach. Glance spent much of the 2009-10 season working as an assistant coach in place of Daedra Charles-Furlow, who has been dealing with an unspecified illness.

DeMoss was named the 2005-06 Southeastern Conference Coach of the Year after leading Kentucky to a 22-9 record, its first NCAA Tournament appearance in seven seasons and a win over Summitt's Lady Vols during the regular season.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down